im not going to sit and watch

"Agh!" Catra sat up, jumping out of the tank, her tail puffed up and shivering.

"That was awful," she said, "what did you do to me?"

"It was a sleep spell, or rather a trance."

"You know, I don't appreciate you telling me all of this after I do it."

"You'd do the same, wouldn't you?" Catra just side eyed her. Of course she would do the same.

"Well, did you get anything?" Catra asked her.

"You tell me. You should've had visions, maybe a weird dream."

Catra thought about it, but to be honest it was like a black out. It was 1pm one second and 1:15 the next.

"No, I... to be honest I don't even remember sleeping. Or getting in the tub."

Castaspella rubbed her head in confusion.

"Whats next?" Catra asked, wrapping herself in a towel, and using her newfound powers to heat it.

"To be honest, I have no idea. Micah and I were sure this would work. Let's sit on it for a day or two. The visions could be delayed. Get a full 8 hours if you can for the next 4 days."

"Dont have to tell me twice," Catra said.

She watched Castaspella breach the protection rune, her mind clearly running.

"Hey!" Catra called to her. The older woman looked back.

"Thanks," Catra said. Castaspella nodded, dipping her head.

"You're welcome," she said, before departing.

Catra sat for a few minutes before she made her way to Adora and the others.

Adora mentioned she was getting food so she figured she'd start at the kitchen. Knowing her girlfriend and the other princesses, there was no way they'd finished eating with all the chattering they do.

Sure enough she could hear their hushed voices as she approached the kitchen. Curios, she put an ear up to the wall.

"Now I know Seahawk comes off as excitable and ready to take on everything... but he loves to be the little spoon. No joke, even after a hard day he wants to be the little spoon."

"Thats too cute of him! Scorpia will put pillows around her claws, and then she'll let me sleep on them, so we can cuddle without me getting knicked."

"Sometimes at night, Bow says he just 'needs a moment' to look at me and 'take me all in' he gets this starry look in his eye like I'm the most special person in the world to him."

And finally Adora's voice,

"Mmm, I get what you mean. In the middle of the night Catra will wake up, and I pretend to be asleep so she doesn't feel bad. And I think she just needs to know that I'm there, and that this is real. After she checks she'll lie on top of me. Like if I'm on my back she just drapes herself over me like we're two buns on a burger."

Catra smiled softly. She didn't know Adora knew. To be honest she didn't really know herself. She was aware she woke up often, but for Adora to have recognized a pattern was... special.

Coming from the other side of the hall was Bow, and Catra signaled him to be quiet. He tiptoed up next to her.

"What are they talking about?" He whispered.

"Us," she replied.

They leaned against the wall, continuing to listen.

"I got it, let's play truth or dare!" Perfuma suggested.

"Oh so we're getting dangerous with it?" Mermista asked, "I'll bite."

"What the hell," Glimmer said.

"Well, im not going to sit and watch."

Catra snickered, just like Adora to pretend like she wasn't dying to play.

She thought it was cute how much joy Adora got from the mundane- the norm. She could find fun in anything. Sometimes it annoyed Catra, but sometimes it made her jealous.

"Okay okay," Perfuma started, "Glimmer, Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"When did you first realize your feelings for Bow?"

"Hmmm, it was a long time now. We were both younger  before the war. Honestly I think it started out as a 13-year old girl obsession. And as I got a little older I was able to rationalize that into real feelings."

"Awe," Adora commented, "you've loved him for so long."

Catra gave Bow a nudge on the arm. He shook his head, holding back a smile.

"Okay, Mermista, Truth or dare?" Glimmer poised.

"Truth," Mermista mumbled.

"Hmmm, has the hook improved or disproved fun time?"

"Improved. Tenfold."

The princesses all chuckled, small bits of laughter and Catra could feel giddiness radiate from the room.

She saw Bow looking at his hand, as though he was trying to figure it out.

"Bow," she hissed. He shrugged, a confused expression on his face.

"Alright, Prefuma, Truth or dare?" Mermista asked.

"Dare!"

"Good. I dare you to call Scorpia the next time you see her- Scorpi-love."

"Oh no." Perfuma said, "she doesn't like nicknames. They confuse her. Says 'we have names for a reason'"

"Which is why I want to be in the area when you say it."

Catra laughed, she had to hand it to Mermista, that was a good one. Perfect for Scorpia. She could already lecture her friend confused beyond her days.

Catra called her 'Scorp' once and it had co sequences that lasted a week.

"Adora, Truth or dare?"

"Ummmmm..."

"Come on you have to pick!"

"I can't!"

"Fine, then I will. What's your favorite position?"

Catra chuckled.

She knew well enough where Adora liked to be, but couldn't see Adora knowing the layman's terms for anything.

So, she invited herself to answer for her.

She pushed open the kitchen door, announcing "reverse cowgirl," to the present princesses.

And oh boy, did Adora give her a look.