Be careful, Catra

Catra understood better than anyone what it was like to be under the influence of a hivemind, and thats why once she saw the large, crimson crystal in the center of the large cavern she knew what it was.

"Its a hive mind." She said quietly. The crystal appeared to be filled with a dark crimson liquid, Catra shuddered at the sight of it, sloshing around in its prison.

"Could it be lord prime again?" Bow asked.

"I doubt it, Lord Prime was more of a green type of guy." Bow looked at her, not quite understanding her reason.

"Do you think its from etheria?" He asked, and catra scratched her chin. Something about it seemed familiar, like she knew it, or knew of it.

"Bow, do you remember the black garnet?"

"The giant rock Shadoweaver was obsessed with?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, you think this is the black garnet?"

"Not exactly. I remember Hordak talking to shadoweaver about a crystal that can control princesses, his original plan was to use it to stop them."

"Why didn't he?"

"He found out it was located on this island. Figured he'd only use it as a last resort." Bow looked at her, and Catra returned her attention to the crystal.

"We need to stop it somehow." Bow stated.

"What do you suggest?"

"Well, I don't think it knows we're here yet. We should try and get a closer look." Catra nodded, following Bow around the edge of the cavern. She pulled Adora as close to her as she could. Her hands had started to chafe from holding the vine, but she refused to make her girlfriend Bow's responsibility.
"There!" Bow exclaimed, pointing to an area on the crystal.

"Its leaking," Catra observed.

"That crystal is its prison, and its broken."

"How?"

"I'm not sure, but we should be quick, I don't want to stay long enough to find out. "

"Agreed. You work on that, I'm going to look for the others. If they're here, we should be able to find them."

"Be careful Catra."

"You too." They parted with a nod and Catra tugged Adora behind her. The blonde had eased up on her pulling, allowing Catra to pull her with relative ease.  She finished a loop around the cavern, it was mostly rock, tangled with the white metal of the temple they were in, but as far as she could tell, there was no sign of the others. Maybe there's more  of these? Maybe they all went to different ones?

"Entrapta!" A heavy voice called. Catra looked up, where Hordak stood on a stone ledge, gripping Entrapta's hair as she dangled over the crystal. Catra scanned her surroundings, there were no stairs, no ramp. She didn't have time to look around. She cast one last glance at Adora, and dropped the tether.

"I'm coming Hordak!" She hollered as she began to scale the wall.

Hordak leaped, narrowly gripping Entrapta's hair. He thanked Etheria for the knots in her hair, it made it easier to hold on to. She winced in pain at a small rock that was embedded into his side.

"I'm coming Hordak!" Catra's voice called out. He looked below him, where the feline girl was scaling the wall. Bow was no where to be seen, but Adora, Adora was pacing around aimlessly, just like Entapta had when they'd arrived.

"Wheres Glimmer?!" He managed to shout, grunting with effort.

"Shes not with you?"

"No! I haven't seen her since Entrapta and I split!" Catra said something else but he could make it out. She was almost there now, a few more minutes, he could do that. The urge to cough began to forn in his diaphragm, and he fought it off, not willing to let his illness be the reason for Entrapta's demise. The top of the crystal was open, and the crimson liquid sloshed around, as if it were excited for her to join it. He tried pulling her up, but his position gave him little wiggle room.

"I'm almost there!" Catra yelled, she was behind him now. He dug his nails into Entrapta's hair, wrapping his hands in the long purple locks. A piece of his own hair flew in his face and he blew on it, trying to get it to move. Finally, he felt pressure on his legs, gripping him, pulling him back.

"A little more," he groaned as Catra pulled him to the wall.

"I thought you said Glimmer wasn't here?" Catra asked, and Hordak turned his head. Glimmer was gripping his ankles, and he realized she was about to push him, and Entrapta into the crystal.

"She wasn't!" He yelled and Catra leaped at the teleporter. Glimmer zapped herself away, appearing on the roof and dropping onto them. She landed 9n Hordak and he grunted, feeling his hold on Entrapta slip.

"Argh!" Catra yelled, embedding her claws in Glimmer's shoulders, holding her back. Glimmer teleported again, this time using it to slam Catra into a wall.

"Catra!" Hordak groaned as Entrapta's knots began to untie.

"I'm-- trying! Ahg!" Catra kicked Glimmer to floor, her head next to Hordak's. Hordak stared at her, her eyes were closed and he thought for a minute she was knocked out. It wasn't until her eyes opened, illuminated in an angry crimson he realized how wrong he was.

"Glimmer please!" He shouted as the teleporter held onto him, teleporting, him and Entrapta above the crystal. He pulled Entrapta close to his chest as they fell, listening to the sound of Catra's cries  before becoming submerged in the liquid.