It's okay to be scared

"I could lay here forever." Adora said, brushing her hand through a strand of Catra's hair. Catra sank into her girlfriend's touch, a low purr releasing from her throat.

"So do it." Catra replied, placing her own hand on Adora's cheek.

"I shouldn't. I should go talk to Glimmer." Catra sighed, propping herself up with an elbow.

"Adora, you should. You didn't sleep much last night."

"How could you know that?"

"Because everytime you get up, it wakes me up."

"Sorry."

"No, Adora-" Catra face palmed, "you don't need to be sorry. You're just so stressed out. Please don't let Glimmer get to you."

"Its not Glimmer."

"Okay."

"Its Beast Island. I can't... I can't stop thinking about it, Catra. That thing... I can't help but think that maybe it's what we were looking for." Catra tilted her head, watching Adora's thinking face.

"We need something with similar power to Angelica to replace her in the portal and what if... what if that thing is it?"

"How, we don't even know if it's magical."

"It is. That's the thing, Catra. It used magic against me, and Glimmer."

"Have you talked to Entrapta about it?"

"No..." Adora replied hesitantly.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm worried that... I'm worried that I'm right and that we'll-"

"Have to go back." Adora nodded, placing her head in Catra's arms. Catra frowned, kissing Adora's forehead gently.

"It's so selfish." Adora cried into her arms.

"Its not," Catra hushed, "Adora, it's okay to be scared."

"I'm tired of being scared, Catra."

"I know. I am too." Catra whispered.

Adora rubbed her eyes, blinking at the sunlight that trickled in through the curtains. She could feel Catra against her, her arms wrapping Adora in a protective barrier. Adora inhaled, shifting herself trying no to wake Catra. She made her way to the bathroom with only a groan from Catra. She splashed some water on her face in the mirror, staring at her reflection. She noticed her eyes, how they weren't as vibrant as she remembered. They were tired, much like she was. She frowned, pulling back her hair and tying back a pony.
Do this for Glimmer. She told herself. Her chest hurt, the type of pain that threatened to suffocate her if she didn't get it under control soon. She closed her eyes, picturing her future. The one she had chosen.

I love you," Catra finished, sliding a ring on Adora's finger. Adors was biting back tears, trying not to embarrassed her fiance, or wife.

"Catra I know it took us a long time to find each other," she began, "but I'm really glad we did." Adora smiled and Catra's eyes widened, tears threatening to pour out of them.
"I miss you all the time," Adora continued, "even when you're with me, it's not enough. And I can't even start to express how excited I am to spend the rest of my life with you." Adora put on Catra's ring, looking to Micah who wiped tears off his face.

"Just kiss already!" He said, his voice cracking. Adora laughed before launching herself in Catra's grip, kissing her blind.

"Adora." Adora snapped out of her vision, turning to Catra who stood in the doorway, a concerned look on her face.

"Sorry I was just..." Adora trailed off. Catra came up to her, pulling her in a hug. Adors collapsed onto her shoulder, letting her grief out. Catra rubbed her back, coaxing her to the couch where they sat.

"Let it happen," Catra said, "you'll feel better."