Epilogue (to finale)

"One last road trip," Bow said happily as the Best Friends Squad walked down the hill. Etheria was quite literally glowing, and everyone had made it out alive. Despite all the good that had happened today, Adora found herself wanting to cry. She had almost lost everything, she had almost lost herself. She gripped Catra's hand harder, receiving a response from Catra.
"Hey," Catra said softly, gripping Adora's face. "What's wrong?" Still fighting her tears, Adora's voice quaked when she answered.
"It's just, I almost lost everything today, and somehow I ended up losing nothing. A part of me feels like... like my luck has finally run out." Catra looked at her sympathetically, love glittered in her eyes.
"Adora, we are the best friend Friend squad, we don't need luck!" Glimmer cheered, skipping forward only to do a dramatic fall into the flowers.
"Adora," Catra said between them, putting th focus back on her. Catra's ears went flat momentarily and she gripped Adora's hands firmly, but not to the point where it hurt, enough to feel like Adora was being held. "You don't have to save the world anymore. You succeeded. You won."
"We won."
"No Adora, you won. You were willing to sacrifice yourself for everyone else... I may not understand why, but I know that you do. Adora, you get to rest now, Etheria doesn't need She-ra anymore, it needs Adora." Catra's words made Adora relax, the crying sensations behind her eyes began to fade, and she stood there, staring into Catra's eyes, admiring them.
What do you want Adora? Mara's words rang in her head.
"I want simplicity. I want to relax. I want to be with my friends and tell stories and remember this day forever. I want to get married and grow old and die peacefully on my terms."
"Okay, then we'll do that." Catra replied before pulling Adora in for another kiss.