Strawberry Mint

Adora forced her eyes open, the enticing pull of sleep fighting against her. Catra was curled into her and the morning sun shone brightly upon them through the tinted windows of their room.
This feels too good. Adora thought, looking down at Catra, who had her head on Adora's chest. Melog purred at the foot of the bed, opening a sole eye before closing it again.

"Catra." She whispered, regretting it instantly. Maybe don't wake her. Sleep hadn't been easy to come by since the temple. Adora's dreams had been haunted by visions of the poison, she was certain Catra faced similar fears in her own sleep.

Instead she slid a pillow under Catra's head, slipping out of the covers and making her way to the bathroom. She didn't usually shower in the mornings, a habit she had kept from the Horde. The days were always spent training, lifting and doing a variety of other activities that left her covered in sweat or dirt. So she learned to shower at night, so she could wash it all off before getting into the small cot, next to Catra's. She actually didn't mind it that way, no one else really showered after dark, it wasn't always safe for girls like her, but she went anyway. Catra always told her to be careful, or to ask her to come along, but Adora liked to go alone. There was something therapeutic about silence and the falling water on the face.

Tempted by her memories she took her night wear off, turning on the shower water and pretending it was dark. She waited for it to warm, looking at herself in the mirror. She would never get used to her new body. Even without She-ra activated she was muscular, more than before anyway. Her muscles had hardened, becoming more obvious to her opponents. She smirked, arms like these would've been great for her Horde days. Perhaps the most prevalent change, though, was the bruises and scars. So many scars. Ones from her time fighting alongside the Horde and others from her time fighting it. There was one on her back, in particular, that always suprised her. It was the vertical length of her back, only a faint pink line now, it had a ridge, lifting the new tissue off her skin ever so slightly. Some wounds never heal. She knew that. Didn't mean she had to like it.

She sighed, returning her attention to the water that had been warm enough for the better part of three minutes now, stepping into with a breath of relief. Catra had a bottle of extra thick shampoo, causing Adora to chuckle. She supposed Catra had to shampoo her whole body... she never thought about it before. She complained about her hair, but in comparison to her girlfriend, it was manageable. She reached for her bottle at the top, something Bow had recommended for her. He knew the best scents for everyone, all that time with Perfuma had made him a master of fragrance. She poured it into her hand, taking in the smell of vanilla and chic butter, smiling at the scent. It's amazing how a scent has good memories attached to it.

She looked to Catra's bottle, with the shampoo still in her hair, and read the scented label on it.
Strawberry Mint

Strawberry Mint? She popped off the cap, taking in the smell. She grinned, it smelled like Catra alright. She never thought about it too much, but now she really noticed. Strawberry...

"Adora?" Adora turned, Catra held open the shower door, her eyes filled with concern.

"Hey." Adora replied, a soft smile.on her face.

"What are you doing? You never shower in the morning."

"I know, I just... I needed one I guess." Catra nodded, looking back at the mirror before setting a towel on the toilet.

"What are you doing?" Adora asked as Catra began to pull off her top.

"Well, I didn't expect you to be in the shower. Our schedules usually alternate and I'm glad you're changing yours but I am a person of pattern so I'm coming in. Slide over." Adora raised her eyebrows, doing what Catra told her as the other girl stepped in.

"Roomier than I thought." Catra remarked, a cheeky grin on her face.

"Very funny." Adora said, running her hair under the water.

"I'm not bothering you, am I? I did this as a joke... I didn't think I'd get this far..." Catra admitted, scratching the back of her neck.

"You're fine, Catra." Adora replied and Catra reached across for her shampoo.
"You know what I can't figure out?" Adora started, "you won't swim at the beach but you'll drown yourself in here."

"Because the shower doesn't have sharks and I can control the temperature."

"Well you like being in charge." Adora replied, to Catra's surprise.

"I do not... care if I'm in charge or not it's just nice to be trusted." Catra argued.

"Catra, come on, when I left the Horde who took my place? You campaigned for years for that position, I'm convinced you were in charge of Hordak at one point."

"It was a little unclear. He was sick."

"Right. And then there's us and I always try to to-" Catra put her hand over Adora's mouth and Adora shrugged.
"In charge." The blonde said, muffled through Catra's hand.

"Shut up and kiss me, you idiot." Catra said, pulling her girlfriend into a kiss.

Adora took her towel off the sink, wrapping herself and leaving Catra to do her thing in the shower. She stretched her legs a bit, waddling back to her wardrobe. She pulled out her bra, laughing to herself.

She'd have to shower in the morning more often.

I just wanted a cute, longer chapter. A little insight, a little past, a little present. Hope you enjoyed it 😊