My Adora is Flawless

Catra ran to the bathroom sink, dipping her face in.

Her stomach and esophagus contorted, and a pile of black vomit soured her tongue and tainted the white porcelain.

"Oh my god!" Adora ran after her.

Catra stared at the bowl.

The black vomit was eerily familiar in the way it stuck to the edges, and the way it moved.

She placed a finger tip to her lip, and it came back with the sticky goo on it.

"Catra..."

"Adora," she said, her voice wavering, "I don't think we have much time left."

"Dont say that." Adora told her.

Catra contorted back over the sink, more of the mystery material coming out.

She could hear it whispering.

It spoke to her, now.

What it said she had no idea, but the raspy wisps of it reminded her of the person she hates most.

Shadoweaver.

Even beyond the grave, she was still finding ways to fuck catra over.

She ignited her fingertips, a morbid curiosity consuming her.

She touched the flame to parasite, and sure enough she felt the pain.

"Wake Entrapta," she said, "I need a scan."

"Its working its way through your nervous system," Entrapta explained, "looks like the vomit was some kind of excrement, or even an oxygen access."

"How far is it?"

Entrapta walked up to Catra who laid on a hospital bed, Adora stood beside her  gripping her hand.

Entrapta touch a spot just under Catra's bottom rib, then traced a line over her arms.

"Those are the affected parts. You seem to have control, so I think it's relatively useless until it gets access to the brain."

"How come it was able to get her before?" Adora asked.

"My guess? That was her body going through some type of shock. Her immune system didn't know what to do so it surrendered. When it got a feel it kicked into action. But it's a losing battle."

"So what's our time frame?" Catra asked.

"Maybe five days. If you stay strong."

Adora held herself still, holding back tears.

Things had gotten very real, and she couldn't help but shake the feeling that it was partially her fault for not taking the threat seriously at the start.

She'd been so caught up on having Catra and a bit of normalcy back that she'd disregarded the issue.

"Okay, we can do this," Catra said willfully.

"I may be able to help," Hordak said, approaching them from a lab bench. Adora was admittedly still bitter.

He lied, or obstructed the truth time and time again. He always had convienent solutions, which Adora was superstitious of.

"We should go back to the Horde, and poke around her lab and personal things. She must have documented it at some point."

"Thats a good idea," Entrapta added, "the more we know the more we can help."

Adora was doubtful, but she kept that to herself. Instead, she gave Catra her best look of reassurance.

It would be okay, everything would be okay.

"Well I had no idea I just thought that we'd talk and-" Glimmer got cut off by Adora, who solemnly entered the dining area.

"Whats wrong?" Perfuma asked from the other end of the table.

"Its Catra. We don't have as much time as we thought."

"So what's the plan?" Glimmer asked, getting up to comfort her friend.

"Go back to the Horde, poke through her things. See if she left any leads or clues on how to kill this thing."

Glimmer nodded, "I can be there in a flash, let me know."

"Thanks, I think it's high time we rounded up the others." Adora started, "we need a plan of action. And teams."

"Teams for what?"

Adora sighed, putting a hand on Glimmer's shoulder.

"I can't help but think that the answers to our problem are still in that cave."

"We can't go in there," Perfuma protested.

"We can because whatever was in there, it's in Catra now. As long as she stays away from that place, we'll be okay. "

"Are you sure?"

"No, but Catra would do it for us. She has done it for us."

"Okay," Glimmer said, "but I think it would be in our best interest to mix the teams with princesses and non princesses, just in case." Adora nodded, so Glimmer called the meeting.

"Two teams, one for the Horde and one for the caves. The working theory is that since the parasite is in Catra it should be princess safe, but we still need to be cautious. Horde team will consist of Perfuma, Scorpia, Mermista, Seahawk, Frosta, Hordak and Entrapta. The caves will be Adora, Bow, Double Trouble, Micah, and myself. Castaspella will take charge in my Dad's absence.

Netossa, Spinnerella, Kyle, Lonnie and Rogelio are on-call for back up. We don't have long, guys, Catra really pulled through for us, and now we need to do the same for her. Go prepared, and don't be afraid to call for help.

Netossa and Spineralla, if I could have a word?"

Glimmer dismissed the group, moving aside to talked to the older princesses.

"If we.... don't make it in time, do you think you can hold her off?"

The two glanced at each other before nodding.

"If you suspect, in the slightest that we are too late- restrain her. Don't wait for the fire to start."

"We won't let you down," Netossa said, "and Glimmer- thank you. Your trust in our abilities... it's reassuring." Glimmer smiled,

"You guys are important to the team. Don't forget that."

She gave them each a hug, before turning back to find Adora.

"We should leave," Glimmer said, "it will be a bit of a journey."

"I agree. Bows has the cave map, and Catra, Seahawk and Castaspella went and marked sections that could be interesting, and sections with nothing."

"Makes it easier for us. Is sending Entrapta with Hordak a good idea? We could use her."

"No, she's too much of a wanderer," Adora said, "besides, her tech ability will be much more helpful sorting through the debris of the Horde."

Glimmer nodded, seeing her point. It had Entrapta who had wandered off first.

"Glad I could be of assistance," Catra said, walking toward them.

"Nice Try, double trouble," Adora said, "but you haven't quite mastered her walk. More sass next time." The shape-shifter returned to their primary form.

"Well darn. It's a good thing my Adora is flawless to make up for it."

"Heh, we'll see about that," Adora said.

She took one last glance around the room- at her friend's. Whatever happened she'd see them in five days or less.

She just hoped Catra was among them.