Something caught your eye?

The days following Adora's announcement at the supper seemed to drag on. She spent most of her time avoiding conversations because everyone wanted to know what was happening when Adora herself didn't know.
"This is why I didn't want to say anything," Adora complained to Catra, who was relaxed on the bed engaged on a tablet.
"I know I was there."
"I feel like I've been forced into a trap. What if our luck has run out Catra? I don't think I can break Glimmer's heart like that." Catra sighed and put down the tablet. She scooted to the end of the bed where Adora sat, her face in her palms. Catra wrapped an arm around Adora's shoulder and Adora looked at her with a greatful smile.
"If there's one thing I know about Glimmer, it's that she can get angry, and emotional, but those emotions don't always reflect her feelings. She will forgive you. I mean it's not really your fault, but once again you're going to be the scapegoat...." Adora leaned into Catra, releasing a sigh of relief.
"Thanks Catra. I don't know what I would do without you." Catra smiled and kissed Adora on the head.
"Come on," Catra said, getting up, "let's go for a walk. I think you need to clear your head." Adora nodded and took Catra's hand. To Adora's surprise Catra climbed out the window, instead of the door.
"Oh this is different," Adora said confused.
"It's a shortcut." Catra dropped onto the balcony below, Adora followed, and they were in a random spare bedroom. Adora wasted no time in re- taking Catra'a hand and let her guide her out of one of the Castles side doors. The setting sun hit Adora's skin, warming her even more than Catra's touch. Catra led Adora down a trail, and before Adora could process the mini adventure they were at the beach. The sun glowed on the horizon, illuminating the Ocean water to magnificent oranges and pinks. Adora pulled her attention from the sun back to Catra, who looked at her with a wonder in her eyes and smile on her face. For the first time since the battle of Etheria Adora really noticed how much Catra had grown. She was taller, her muscles had gotten more prominent and her chest as well. The biggest change was her hair, the short cut by Horde Prime had grown into a chin length bob, some of her hairs natural wave had even returned. Catra must've noticed Adora's staring because her smile turned into a mischievous grin.
"Something caught you're eye?" Catra asked.
"It's just... you. You're so beautiful. I feel like I forget sometimes..." Adora trailed off. Catra looked at Adora, her eyes reflecting the sun just a bit.
"You've been busy, and stressed."
"It's not an excuse. I love you," Catra laughed a bit and took Adora's chin in her palm.
"I don't know where this Adora has been, but my Adora has been with me the whole time." Adora smiled, she was greatful that Catra hadn't felt like she had been cast aside, and really when Adora thought about it, it seemed like her anxiety talking.  "Let's walk," Catra murmured, using her hand to pull Adora across the sandy beach. Adora laughed as they raced across the shoreline, Catra doing her best to not do the funny walk, and Adora evening the playing field by removing her shoes.
"No She-ra either!" Catra laughed, just as Adora was planning the transformation. They ran till they reached a dock, and Catra who was in the lead stopped and began to pant. Adora caught up to her and picked Catra up, cradling her in her arms. They laughed for a moment, before the grins faded and all that remained was their heavy breathing a long looks. Catra used her right wrist to grab Adora's cheek and pulled her into a kiss, just as the sun sank below the horizon.