[ 007 ] crucify her, for she is death.

— CHAPTER SEVEN,
crucify her, for she is death.

RUBY CARSON IS LATE TO THE PARTY. She didn't have a damn clue that Thelonius Jaha had returned not long before her own arrival.

As she walks through the halls, everyone steps out of her way. They don't want to feel the wrath of the angry-eyed girl. She storms in the direction of where she'd been told Jaha is.

The hanger bay.

The door hisses open as she got closer to it. When she walks into the hanger bay, her eyes immediately land on Jaha. He sits on the ground with his hands in his lap and his eyes shut.

She walks forward and stops directly in front of him. "Get up," she snarls.

Jaha's dark brown eyed peel up, his eyes look up and meet her own. "Hello, Ruby." He greets her as he stands to his feet.

"Where is he?" She asks. Jaha doesn't answer. This only angers her more. "Where is he!?"

She reaches up and grabs the collar of his shirt, fisting the fabric. Jaha watches as her lower lip shakes slightly. He sees the way she tries to push away her angry tears.

"John Murphy?" Jaha asks calmly, "he left."

"What the hell do you mean he left?" She hisses.

"As in, he didn't come back with me. He found himself with someone. A girl." Jaha informs her, "Emori, that is her name."

"A girl. My brother has a girlfriend?" She asks. A laugh bubbles in her throat. "I wonder how low she has to be to love that man." Ruby scoffs. "You let him leave."

"John knew what he was doing," Jaha responds, raising his eyebrows at the sister's words.

"You convinced him to go to the City of Light with you!" She screams.

Before Jaha can say anything in response, her fist cracks across his cheek. He doesn't feel the pain but he does feel her strength. She's too strong, abnormally strong. He stumbles to the side.

"Ruby! Ruby!" Someone shouts. "Stop!"

Ruby hits Jaha again. He stumbles back another step. That's when Ryland reaches them. He wraps his arms around Ruby's waist, pulling her away from Jaha.

Blood drips down the side of his face from where Ruby's rings that Lincoln and Luca made her cut him. She stares at the man in anger.

"Stop," Ryland grits our as Ruby fights against his hold with her tears finally falling.

Jaha's eyes move away from the pair of best friends to the women that stands beside him. She wears a red dress and bright red lipstick covers her lips. "We need her," ALIE tells Jaha. "She is crucial. She is suffering."

"She's a monster," Jaha explains to the woman, "drugged to become a killer."

"She already is one, Thelonius." ALIE states. "Get her. And her friends will follow. We have Raven, now we get Ruby."

Away from them, Ryland and Ruby are approached by Marcus. Ruby stops fighting and pulls herself out of Ryland's grip.

"Meet in fifteen minutes." Marcus whispers to the two. To anyone watching on, it looks like Marcus is just trying to help calm Ruby down, but only a few know that this isn't that case at all, "don't make it obvious."

─────────

Fifteen minutes have passed.