[ 012 ] alie, the artificial bitch.

— CHAPTER TWELVE,
alie, the artificial bitch.

WHEN RUBY HEARS THE ROVER, SHE SPRINGS UP FROM HER SPOT IN THR CAVE.

Jasper had radioed them not long after they returned to the cave. That weird ass chip Jaha has? It's the mind of the very same artificial intelligence that launched the bombs ninety-seven years ago. It controls their minds. Jaha has managed to give it the entire population of Arkadi, Abby Griffin and Raven Reyes included.

"Need your help!" Jasper shouts from outside. Ruby rushes outside, the others close on her heels. She freezes when she sees Clarke getting out of the rover. "We have to get her inside before she wakes up!"

"Were you followed?" Ryland asks.

"Maybe. I— I don't know." Jasper stutters. Bellamy quickly takes Raven from Jasper's arms. Everyone goes back into the cave. Everyone except Bryan, who makes his way to the ridge to keep watch for anyone who might have followed Jasper, and Miller and Harper, who stand just outside the caves entrance as an extra precaution.

"Make some space," Ryland tells the others they remained in the cave.

"What the hell happened to her?" Sinclair shoots to his feet. He helps Bellamy lay Raven down on the ground.

Amara approaches, she stares down at Raven with nothing but worry in her eyes.

"I told you on the radio, Raven is not Raven anymore. None of them are. Jaha's been chippin' everyone." Jasper explains, throwing his arms in the air.

"Jasper's right. I've seen it with my own eyes," Clarke pipes.

"I don't need your help, alright?" Jasper snaps, jabbing his finger at her harshly.

It's clear to Ruby that Jasper hasn't forgiven Clarke for killing Maya and the other amount Weather citizens three months ago.

"Just take it easy and explain," Bellamy tells the younger boy.

"Jaha is using the chips to control everyone. You swallow it and it changes you. You forget who you are, and then you see this thing, ALIE. Only she's not really there. She made Raven slit her own wrists. She was trying to get her out of her head. I was trying to help her but. . ." Jasper trials off. He looks to Sinclair.

"Okay, so let's help her now. Did she say how?" Sinclair asks.

"She was working on building something. She needed one of our old wristbands but Jaha destroyed all of them." Jasper informs the group.

"Wait a second," Clarke asks. They all watch as Clarke pulls a small metal container out of her pocket. She slides open the top and pulls out a small device with an infinity symbol on it. Amara's eyes go wide. Luca's eyebrows raise in surprise. "Did it look like this?"

"Not exactly," Jasper shakes his head.

That's when Raven snaps up. She's fast to hit Jasper across the face, knocking him to the ground, and springing to her feet.

"Don't let her get away!" Luca shouts.

Everyone chases after Raven but Harper and Miller stop her at the entrance. The young woman looks around wildly, as if trying to gauge her surroundings.

"If Raven finds out where we are, so will ALIE. She'll come for her." Jasper explains to them as he stabs a Reaper stick into the side of her neck, knocking her out cold. "Reaper stick. Last dose."