[ 009 ] i herby sentence you to death.

— CHAPTER NINE,
i herby sentence you to death.

EYES.

Everywhere.

Ears.

Everywhere.

Ruby's eyes are constantly moving, checking her surroundings. Eyes are on her everywhere she goes. Where it be Bryan, Hannah, the guards, Pike, or even Bellamy and Monty.

Once again, she walks the halls of Alpha Station to a new place where the rebels will meet.

It's only Marcus, Harper, Miller, Ryland, Luca, and herself.

Amara and Lincoln are locked up.

Pike is their enemy.

Ruby rounds the corner and pushes past the plastic red drapes. The others wait for her as she is the last to arrive.

"Hey," she greets as she sits down beside Miller.

"Were you followed?" Marcus asks her with raised eyebrows.

"No, any of you?" She questions.

"No." They all respond together.

"Any word from Octavia?" Marcus turns to Harper who sits with the radio in her lap.

"I've been scanning different channels all morning. Nothing. Either she's out of range or—" Harper doesn't finish.

"Or they already got her." Miller suggests with a shrug.

"Or she ran the battery down," Marcus swiftly opposes their horrible thoughts with better suggestions, "or she needed radio silence to run the blockade. There are a lot of reason why she might've gone dark."

"I've been out there patrolling for the last three months. I know this area better than any Grounder. Just let me go out—" Miller is swiftly cut off by Harper.

"Guys. Listen to this," Harper says, turning on the speaker to the radio so they can all hear it.

Ruby crosses her arms over her chest, still very careful of her wrists. Abby's had to re-bandage them six times already to hide her blood.

"The results of this morning munitions inventory was sobering. In no way do we currently have the ammo for an extended series of firefights. Not even close." Pike's voice hits all of their ears.

"So, what's Plan B?" Bellamy asks. Ruby's jaw clenches at the sound of his voice. She hasn't seen or spoken to him since the day before. She isn't sure she wants to encounter him.

"Our lookouts say the largest Grounder encampment is in this valley. So, we deploy an assault team in Rover One. And we do as much damage as we can with automatic weapons." Pike tells his people.

"Then they'll just fall back and make a run for reinforcements." Hannah comments.

"I'm counting on that. The only way there and back is over this ridge. Now we can bottleneck their warriors and pick them off." Pike explains.

"Do we got the firepower for that?" Bellamy asks. Ruby can picture his furrowed brows.

"We won't need it. We have a dozen concussive anti-personnel devices in our armory." Pike informs them. Ruby watches as Ryland's jaw drops. Millet's eyes widen. "I've already got a weapons-man rigging them with a remote trigger. We load the APDs into the rover and mine field before we attack. After we strike, we lure their reinforcements onto the ridge. And once we have enough Grounders in the killing box—"