[ 031 ] into the storm.

— CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE,
into the storm.

"THIS IS OCTAVIA." Octavia speaks into the walkie talkie she holds. "Can anyone hear me, damnit?"

"O, it's me." Bellamy's voice comes over the radio. Ruby's ears instantly perk. She scoots closer to Octavia. "Are you okay? Is Ruby okay?"

"I'm okay. We're both okay. I won," Octavia says. "Bell, what the hell did you do?"

"It wasn't me. But I'll fix it." Bellamy says to her, his voice shaky.

"We don't have much time," Indra informs the two girls. 

"Listen to me. When I won, I decided to share the bunker with everyone. A hundred from each clan. Kane and Luca are out there buying us some time, helping them select their people, and Gaia somehow convinced the scouts to lock down the temple. But if anybody finds out Skaikru stole the bunker, we're all dead." Octavia explains to her big brother. Sky People.

"Copy that. I'm on my way," Bellamy replies.

After a moment—

"O, I'm gonna need some time."

Ruby closes her eyes tightly.

"Wait, what? Bellamy, we don't have time. Bellamy, wha—" that's when Bellamy's side of the radio goes to static.

"What the hell was that?" Amara panics as she looks at the radio. "What the hell is happening down there?"

Ruby reopens her horrifyingly beautiful speckled eyes. All eyes move to her as they realize she has something to say.

"It was Jaha and Clarke."

─────────

Ruby rests beside Amara, the two young woman leaning against each other when the door to the bunker opens.

They both spring to their feet.

As soon as Ruby's eyes find Ryland, she throws herself at him, wrapping her arms tightly around his shoulders. Ryland wraps one arm around her middle while he keeps his other hand on his cane.

"Oh, my God." He mumbles to himself. "Are you okay?" He asks as he pulls back from her. He brushes her hair away from her face.

"Roan," she whispers, her voice cracking. "Roan and Luna both—"

"I know," he says, bringing her into his arms again, "I know, Ru."

The pair of best friends pull apart. As soon as they do, Ruby is within another set of strong arms. She breathes in Bellamy as she holds him.

"Jesus, Bellamy. You scared me." She mumbles against his beck.

"I love you." He whispers, knowing that it's the one thing she needs to hear right now. "I love you so much, Sweetheart."

She pulls back, bringing her hands to rest on the sides of his face. Her eyes scan his face, taking in his beautiful features. "And I love you, Bellamy."

"Octavia, they're here," Indra announces.

Ruby and Bellamy break apart as the Grounders flood into the sacred temple. Octavia looks to them, bravery in her eyes.

"Oso laik Wonkru. And disa laik oso house," Octavia informs them. And without warning, Octavia pull her sword from its sheath and points the blade at Echo's throat. "Everyone except you." We are one clan. This is your home.