[ 002 ] the lost and the found.

— CHAPTER TWO,
the lost and the found.

RUBY'S SPECKLED EYES SCAN THE FOREST. They search for any type of movement. Her ears pick up on any sound, picking up on small noises that normal human ears don't pick up on. 

She's hunting someone.

Clarke Griffin.

That's who she's looking for.

It's amazing to be out in the forest again. She's not confined to the bunker anymore or the area around it. She's not in hell anymore.

She's free.

Luca trudges through the forest in front of her, keeping his eye out for any Azgeda warriors or any type of enemy that they may stumble across. Ice Nation.

Suddenly, movement catches his attention. He narrows his eyes as he stops moving. He lowers himself to a crouch, Ruby follows.

"What is it?" Ruby whispers to him.

Then he sees the four Grounders. Their faces are painted with white war paint.

"Azgeda." He whispers back. "There's four of them. Take cover, we'll do this together." Ice Nation.

Ruby and Luca are swift to places themselves behind two trees directly across from each other.  Ruby's heart pounds in her chest. Their eyes lock across the way. She watched as Luca barely peeks around the tree to see if the scouts are closer. When he looks back at her, his fingers barely twitch.

Now.

Without a moment of hesitation, Ruby lunges out from behind the large tree with a loud battle cry. Luca is silent is he jumps out from behind his tree.

The four scouts are taken off guard by the two warriors.

One scout is kicked directly in his knee by the young woman. He cries out and hits the ground. The other scout is fast to swing his sword at Ruby. She swiftly dodges it by bending backwards. She feels the wind of the swing pass over her face. She just barely dodged it. When he retracts his sword, Ruby straightens her back and swings her sword at the scout. He is fast to dodge it. 

The other Grounder stands back up. It's now two against one.

Ruby likes her odds.

She glares hatefully at the two men. They glare right back at her.

"Komba raun, nomajokas," She snarls. Come on, motherfuckers.

They sprint towards her. They're both taken off guard as drops to the ground and rolls between them. Before either of them can turn to face her, she thrusts her blade through the spine of one of the scouts. His green eyes widen as his sword falls to the ground. When she pulls her blade from his back, he falls face first on the ground.

For a moment, Ruby and the other Grounder just stare at each other. Then, he screams in fury. He runs at her recklessly. Ruby wastes no time in stabbing her sword directly through his heart. When she pulls her blade from his body, she steps back as to not get crushed by his corpse.

She turns to face Luca and the two men he fights. She places one hand on her hip.

Luca bends to dodge one of their sword. When he straightens, he swings his sword carelessly. He successfully chops one of the Grounder's arms off. He drops to his knees, screaming and clutching his arm that gushes blood.