[ 025 ] becca's island.

— CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE,
becca's island.

RUBY GRINS BRIGHTLY AS SHE AND LUCA EMBRACE. It's been days since she's since the older man. She's more than happy to be back with one of her best friends. Luca's presses a swift, friendly kiss to the top of her head.

When they pull apart, Luca looks down at her. "We heard about Arkadia. . . and Ryland. How is he doing?"

"He's alive," Ruby answers curtly. "I trust Niylah, Bellamy, and Marcus to take care of him. Bell and Marcus won't let him die."

Luca nods.

Before he can say anything else, Amara swoops in and embraces Ruby so tightly that a small gasp slips past her lips.

"I thought you and Ry were dead." Amara mumbles in Ruby's ear.

"I'm still here, Mars." Ruby hugs her friend. "Neither of us are goin' anywhere."

Luca smiles when he sees Clarke. "Hello, Wanheda." He greets her. The two are fast to hug. Commander of Death.

"Hi, Luca," Clarke says with a smile of her own as she returns to the hug.

Amara's eyes lock onto at Roan. "Hello, Roan."

He pulls away from where he helps with unloading the barrel's. His blue eyes dart over to the young woman.

"Amara." He nods at her before turning back to his work. Amara smirks to herself.

"Murphy's at the house." Luca says to Ruby. "Wanna go see him?"

"Yeah," she raises her eyebrows. "Are there showers? Hot water?"

"It's a whole mansion, Ru." Luca laughs smally. "Of course there's showers and hot water."

The two set off towards the house Ruby can barely see in the distance. She sees the lights and that's all. Amara returns to the lab with the others.

Shortly, Ruby and Luca approach the giant house. She gapes at the building. "Holy shit," she mumbles to herself.

"Impressive, isn't it?" Luca says.

Ruby nods in amazement.

Her eyes then find a hole in the ground. It's full of clear water. Lights shine at the bottom of it, reflecting against the water and the blue lining.

"What is that?" She questions.

"It's a pool." He informs her. "You swim in it."

Luca opens the glass door. Ruby walks in first, then she's followed by Luca. Her eyes scan the home, looking for threats but also because she's amazed. She's never seen anything quite like this.

"Ru!" A voice exclaims happily.

"John!" Ruby cries out.

She smiles brightly as her brother approaches them. "How's it going, little sister?" He asks her.

"Well, I could be better." She says to him. "I was nearly drowned earlier today."

"What?" He and Luca cry out at the same time. "You were almost drowned?"

"Yes," Ruby nods. "The Azgeda warriors betrayed us. Don't get freaked out, guys. I don't need Nyko to check me out." Ice Nation.

At her words, Luca and Murphy share a look. Ruby immediately notices this. Her eyes narrow. "What's happened? Where is Nyko?