[ 027 ] do not resuscitate.

— CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN,
do not resuscitate.

RUBY SLEEPS UNTIL CLARKE WAKES HER. As soon as Ruby feels someone's hand on her leg, her eyes shoot open. She immediately sits up and reaches for her sword.

"Woah, woah." Clarke's eyes widen. "Ru, it's okay. It's just me."

Ruby closes her eyes and takes her hand off of her sword. "Jesus, Clarke," she breathes out. When she reopen her eyes, her brows furrow. "What is it? Why do you look so upset?"

"Emori lied." Clarke informs her.

"What?" Ruby asks.

"That wasn't Baylis. We just killed an innocent man in that chamber," Clarke states. This causes Ruby's eyes to widen. "And now Luna refuses to give anymore bone marrow. We gotta convince her somehow."

"So, we're basically Mount Weather now?" Ruby huffs in frustration. "So much for being the better people." She moves the blanket off of her and throws her legs over the couch, "how the hell did I get here, anyway?"

"You fell asleep in the hall with Roan. He brought you here." Clarke informs her.

"So, what?" Ruby asks as she stands. She grabs her sword and throws it over her head so it can rest against her back. "Are y'all going to put Emori in the chamber now?"

"She lied, Ruby." Clarke sighs. "She let us kill an innocent man."

"And what of my brother?" Ruby's questions, "have you given any thought to him or how he will react?"

"Ruby—"

"No, Clarke! I know if Emori is put in that chamber and doesn't make it. . . my brother will be the next. And I can promise I will kill all of you before you can lay a hand on him." She snaps.

As the Carson girl makes her way to exit the rec room, she pauses. She glances at Clarke over her shoulder. "You're no better than Cage and Tsing."

─────────

The doors to the room where the rocket rests lays open.

It also just so happen to be the room where Emori and Murphy remain tied up.

"It's time," Clarke announces. Murphy glances back at his sister who stands behind everyone else. He sees her subtly shake her head, silently talking to her big brother.

She is not okay with this.

A memory springs into Murphy's mind.

"Really? Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Murphy's blue eyes fly to Bellamy who stands behind Ruby.

His eyes then move from Bellamy to Ruby. She's still rooted to the ground. Terror is written on her face. "Ruby?" Murphy's voice is hopeful. Ruby shakes her head, Murphy realizes then that she is the only one that believes him.

"Ruby believes me!" Murphy shouts.

A small gasp slips past Murphy's lips at the horrible memory. That was and still is one of the worst days of his life. It led to many things. . . one of those things being the downfall of his relationship with his baby sister.

"Guys, just wait, okay?" Murphy starts, nearly pleading. "Hear me out."

"It'll work this time," Clarke nods her head. Still, she sounds unsure.