1: Stronghold

10 years later...

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I scrabbled for my phone under the pillow and pressed on the volume button to stop the stupid alarm from making that annoying sound. I pressed my face deeper into the pillow and let myself drift off back to sleep.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

"Alright, alright, I'm up!" I groaned as I turned my body to face the ceiling.

"Time to face the world," I mumbled to myself. I got off from my bed and walked out to the small hallway, making my way to the bathroom. I turned on the faucet and splashed some water on my face. I grabbed a towel to dry off and stared at myself in the mirror.

"I really need a haircut."

Looking at my dark brown curly hair, this was the longest I've had it since I was a kid. It was long enough to cover over my brown eyes. Finishing up in the bathroom, I walked back out to the hallway and was tackled by someone.

"Logan! Morning man." Devin said as he playfully put me in a headlock.

Devin Hill... my brother, well the closest thing to one anyways. He's the total opposite of me. Where I am quiet and brooding, Devin is talkative and optimistic. Devin and his parents found me the night of my tenth birthday. After shifting alone for the first time, I was disoriented and hungry that I just kept running for miles not knowing where to go. I had ran into a road when a car almost hit me. Lucky for me, it ended up being Devin's parents, Ben and Cindy. If it weren't for them, I don't know how I would've made it through the rest of my life.

Devin and his parents only knew a little about me. They knew I was in danger and was on the run, but I never told them who I really was. I now went by Logan Hill. The four of us were living in a town called Stronghold. It was a small gated community for Werewolves that wanted to live a bit more like the humans did. Many of the Weres at Stronghold have had unfortunate experiences living the pack life, so rather than go Rogue, they found a place here where they belonged. Ian Scratch being one of them. Ian Scratch was the Mayor of Stronghold and was actually the one who came up with the idea for this place. Stronghold was built on Lycan territory which collapsed a couple of hundreds of years ago.

I pushed Devin away, quickly grabbed his arm and flipped him on his back to the floor. "Gotta do better than that, Dev." He chuckled as I helped him back up.

"You ready for this match, bro?" Devin asked as we walked towards the kitchen.

"Oh, I'm ready. Been training non-stop." We walked into the kitchen where Ben and Cindy were already preparing for their day.

"Good morning sweethearts," Cindy said as she put our breakfast plates full of food on the table.

"Mornin' Mom and Dad." Devin and I said in unison.

We both kissed Cindy on the cheek before we sat down to eat and Ben just smiled at us before looking back to reading his paper.

"I'm excited." Devin squealed like a school girl. "Man, if you beat Coach today, you'll win us a twenty-four hour day pass out of this place."

That's the thing about living in Stronghold, it's a secret gated community kept from the humans. There was a human town about two hours away, so we were limited on our access outside these walls. That's why this was the perfect place to hide out for the past ten years.

"You be careful today, Logan. I want to see all your limbs intact when you get back." Devin chuckled at Cindy.

"Don't you worry about our boy, Honey, he's a tough one." Ben chimed in.