5: Motel

The next morning I was at the kitchen table with Ben, Cindy, and Devin. We were all eating in silence. They didn't know what to say after I told them of my true identity and about my plan to go back to Avery Falls. Devin's parents didn't know about the attack last night as Mayor Scratch thought it would be best not to tell them. They thought I wanted to go back to Avery Falls because I missed my real parents.

Ben was the first to speak and stared at me. "Son.." he put a hand on my shoulder. "You will always be our son. We support you on wanting to go back to your home."

"This is my home," I said and he pulled me into a hug.

"Dad, I'm going with him." Dev said with a serious tone he barely ever speaks with, but then he smirked. "Someone has to make sure he makes it there in one piece."

Ben chuckled, "I think that's a good idea, it'll make us feel better knowing you two are together." This time, Ben placed his hand on top of Cindy's.

"I have to speak with Mayor Scratch about leaving here."

I grabbed my plate and put it in the sink. I had my back to them because I hated getting emotional and said to them: "Thanks for everything you've done for me."

I turned around to face them when no one said anything, but Cindy had tears falling down her cheeks. 

"We love you." She quickly pulled me into a hug and I placed my chin on top of her head while patting her back gently.

"I love you too, Mom."

You don't need to know how the rest of that morning with them went. Again, I hate being emotional.

I knocked on the Mayor's office door. "Logan, Devin, come in," his voice rang from inside.

We walked in and for the first time, Mayor Scratch wasn't smiling like when we usually entered his office. He had a serious expression on his face, "I know why you're here."

My eyebrow rose, "You do?"

"Sit." He gestured to the seats in front of his desk. We did as he asked and continued speaking.

"I know all about you, Alpha Prince."

"Wait, you knew all this time?" Devin interjected, "Unbelievable."

Mayor Scratch nodded at Devin, but looked back to me. "I was assigned to watch over you since the moment you stepped into Stronghold. I have a good friend who trusted me with this. I believe you've met their associate, Miss Darkholme."

"Who?" Devin and I said in unison, completely confused.

"Amira Darkholme."

"Oh." Was all I could say when I heard her name because I literally felt my insides flutter. What the fuck was wrong with me?

Devin stared at me with that stupid smirk of his. "Who's that?" He asked me in a sing-song tone.

"Shut it, Dev." I said without looking at him.

Mayor Scratch cleared his throat. "As I was saying, my friend informed me that you're heading back to Avery Falls. I'll provide you with all you need to get there. You can leave as early as today if you'd like."

I nodded. "Thanks, Coach. We will be leaving by this afternoon."

"Not a problem. A Jeep will be left in front of your home with all essentials."

We left the Mayor's office and who do I find waiting outside for me.

Stella.

"Logan, babe. Is it true? You're leaving?" She pouted.