27: Memories Pt.2

Seth's POV

I was still buzzing from what I had done. I couldn't believe that I had killed one of my own... for her.

"When will you leave?" Sophie softly asked.

We sat outside on her porch after I showered to remove all the blood off me. I was staring out into the forest as I couldn't face Sophie. I had told her I was leaving because there were people looking for me. It was half the truth.

"I better go tomorrow. I don't want more coming out here again."

"You will come back eventually, right?" I turned to looked at her staring at me and my heart thudded. This past month with her, made me feel things I could never imagine. I don't know how I held myself back from her for so long. A scent suddenly hit me.

"Strawberries..." I muttered. The scent was coming from Sophie.

Sophie blinked, confused by what I said. "Strawberries?"

"You suddenly smell like Strawberries." I said as I went closer to her and she gasped.

"You can sense me?" She grabbed my shoulders, stared right into my eyes, and whispered softly. "Seth... Do you like me?"

The questioned shocked me for a moment, but then my lips landed on hers. It was her turn to be surprised as I felt her jump slightly back, but I pulled her closer by cupping her cheek. Then I confessed...

"No... I love you, Sophie."

***

I entered the old concrete building. It was hard for me to leave Sophie. I looked back at her so many times before I was able to finally leave. It fascinated me at how quickly my world had changed since Sophie came into it. I was going to go back to her eventually, she was my home now.

"Brother!" I turned around to see a smirking Cairo. "Thought you died, where the hell you've been?"

"I was attacked by fucking Boggarts, needed time to heal."

Cairo just laughed and slapped me on the back, "How'd you survived that?"

"By being stronger and smarter than you, brother."

Cairo raised an eyebrow as he stared at me. I knew I had to be careful around him because he was way smarter than he looked and could detect when someone was lying. I think it was most likely an ability he possessed from the hex. But... I had possessed two abilities of my own. Cairo only knew of one which was why I was the one sent on this assignment.

"What are you hiding, Seth?"

"What makes you ask that?" I said nonchalantly.

"I don't know, something seems different about you."

"You spend too much time in your head, C." I chuckled lightly and was ready to walk away. "I gotta go check in on my assignment."

"I'll come with. The boss is here, he'll be exceptionally thrilled to see you." Cairo said as he followed me.

***

"You're telling me there was nothing out there?" Luther asked while I was debriefing them about my assignment.

Luther was one of five right hand men of Claw's. I was in a room with four of them and with Claw. The fifth man was... me. I had just recently been promoted to one and finding Sophie was my first assignment.