16: Locate

She didn't answer and just dashed out of the living room to the hallway. I got up from the couch to follow her, but she came back just as fast as she left. She had a piece of parchment in her hand.

"What's that?"

"Savannah needs to hear this." She headed to the kitchen and I followed.

Amira slammed the parchment on top of the table, making Devin and Savannah jump slightly, ending their conversation.

"Sav, we might have a problem." Amira said in a serious tone. "I think she might be in danger. We need to locate her."

"Locate who?" Devin and I said in unison.

"Our friend Sophie, she left one day out of the blue." Savannah had a frown on her face as she spoke. "She didn't even say goodbye to anyone. She just up and left with only a note explaining how she was tired of being stuck in this forest and wanted to travel the world."

"I never questioned it because Soph was always looking for adventure. The girl even has a cabin hidden deep in the forest because she likes to go off searching and learning about other creatures." Amira explained.

I nodded. "So how do we find her?"

Amira rested her hand on her hip while she thought of something. "Okay... so there's a spell, but it only works when a new moon appears and luckily there's one tonight."

"Why a new moon?" Devin interrupted her.

"That's when we can draw the most power from the earth." Savannah answered for her. "Witches are hard to locate as we are naturally born with a block. That's why it's difficult for you Wolfies to sense us. It's difficult for other creatures as well, unless you have some sort of connection with us." Savannah wiggled her eyes at Amira and I.

"Oh, that's why it was hard to smell Amira on Logan last night... and how he was able to sniff her out the day he was getting his ass kicked by her. I didn't sense her at all." Savannah and Devin giggled like children and I just glared at Dev for being a comedian.

Amira loudly cleared her throat, "Let's get back to the point." She glared at the two clowns before speaking again. "Since we can't use a regular locating spell on Sophie, we're going to have to use this spell during the new moon, to find her magical trail."

"We have to do this somewhere safe and protected. Sophie will sense us locating her trail, but if Sophie is using the spell I think she's using, then... we'll have company earlier than expected." Amira warned.

"We can do it at the palace." I suggested. "We have surveillance cameras and guards to help us if we have an attack."

"Not a good idea." Amira and Savannah said in unison.

I grabbed Amira gently by the elbow and pulled her aside. "This is our best option, where else will we be able to do this?"

"I don't know... your parents aren't going to be happy about Witches being in their home."

I pulled Amira close by her waist. "I don't care what makes them happy... you make me happy." Amira passed her small hands through my hair as she smiled up at me. "I'll meet you at the palace so I can give my parents a heads up. Better to do this in person than over the phone."