20: Everyone

Seeing that Jade was alive was mind blowing. I understood better why that Vampire attacked her. It was after me, but he got distracted when it sensed her. Siren blood was like a steroid to Vamps, it made them stronger and faster, but it took time for it to process in their system.

Zafina was sending about thirty of her warriors with us to the palace. We were going to make a stop to meet with the Nymphs before we headed back to the palace, to make an alliance with them as well. It was going to be easier to convince them as the Sirens and Nymphs were close allies.

"Thank you again, Queen Zafina." I took her hand and kissed her knuckles in respect.

Zafina slightly blushed, "You will make a fine King."

I waved goodbye right before jumping into the lack with Ky following. Jade and the Siren warriors that were going, were meeting us on the other side once they were done packing. Devin stood behind to help Jade. I wanted to go ahead with Ky to inform Savannah and the guards that we accomplish our goal.

Once we made it through the cave and out the lake, I saw Savannah from a distance. She was still in her spot, looking into the forest for any signs of danger. We swam towards the shore and it looked like no Vamps had shown up. The guards came running towards us from the bushes as they must've sensed me.

"It's good to see you in one piece, Alpha Prince," The guard named Raven said as he bowed.

I chuckled at his statement. "It's good to see no damn Vamps showed."

"Where's Devin?" Savannah asked as she looked towards the lake.

"He stood behind to help the Sirens pre—"

"Shhh..." I paused at the sudden sound and turned to see it was Ky.

"They're here!" Ky whispered and in seconds, Vamps came out from in between the trees.

I counted about twenty of them and I don't think they were prepared for what happened next. The Vamps went running towards me and the guards charged towards them with their weapons. Outnumbered, many of the Vamps passed the guards.

As I shifted, Savannah levitated in the air shooting fire orbs at two of the Vamps. The Vamps were fast as they dodged her attacks and used the trees as assistance to try and reach her. When the fire orbs did hit them, like last time, it looked like they had a protection spell. Ky turned into her smoke form and surrounded a few Vamps. The Vamp turned to ashes after a few short seconds. It looked like the protection spell didn't work against Ky.

I was fighting off two Vamps at once and knocked out one with my massive paws. The other one took the advantage and had his arms around my neck, having a hard time locking both arms around me. With a powerful swing of my head, I was able to bite its leg, pulling him off me. Trying to catch my breath, I saw more Vamps coming out of the forest. Five of them surrounded me ready to attack, the others were too busy fighting off their own Vampires that they couldn't help me out. I let out a vicious bark, prepared for their attack.

Before they could all attack me at once, the Leviathan aggressively popped out of the water and swallowed up two Vamps into its mouth. The Siren warriors came running out from below the water and started attacking. I spotted Devin and Jade in the fight.

The Sirens used their voice to let out a screech which stunned a couple of Vamps and with the strength these Sirens possessed, they ripped the hearts out of the Vampires with their hands. In a matter of minutes, we defeated all the Vamps that showed.

"Well, that was fun." Devin said breathlessly as he had his hands placed on his hips. We all chuckled.   

I took a deep breath before speaking. I caught Savannah and my guards up with what happened with the Sirens while Devin helped Jade and the warriors with gathering their belongings that they had dropped when they ran out of the lake.

"Okay, you all ready to head out?"

***

We made it back to the palace by nightfall after meeting with the Nymphs. The Nymphs that were going to help were going to arrive at the palace by the morning. I had plans to go visit Faes the next day as we still needed more alliances. This would be difficult as they were known to be tricksters and not the good kind.

We were greeted by my parents in the foyer. They had already prepared the guest rooms for the Sirens, but the Sirens preferred to set up tents outside the palace instead.

While everyone was talking amongst themselves, I walked up to Savannah and noticed her staring at Devin and Jade. Savannah hadn't said a word to Devin after leaving the Siren territory. Devin was holding onto both of Jade's hands as they spoke and laughed together.

"He seems so happy..." Savannah whispered before sighing.

"He got a second chance." I softly whispered.

She looked up at me and gave me a sad smile. "I'm glad." She sounded genuine and turned to look at them again.

"Go talk to them." Ky said as she popped up beside Savannah. "Don't wait for your feelings to change to take action. Take action and your feelings will change."

Ky placed her hand on Savannah's shoulder. "I know he would like for the both of you to be friends."

Savannah turned to Ky and smiled before nodding. She walked towards Devin and Jade. Ky and I watched as they chatted, all three with smiles on their faces after a few seconds.

"She'll find her love soon." I heard Ky say and I just nodded.

An hour later, everyone was in the dinning area eating and getting to know each other. I had brought my plate up to my room, wanting to be alone for the rest of the night. I lied in bed thinking of Amira.

How is she?
Is she hurt?
Is she thinking of me?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I thought back to the times we shared together since coming back home. The look on her beautiful face when she knew I was staring. She would quirk her eyebrow like she was scolding me. Her pouty red lips would twitch, resisting a smile when I wouldn't turn away. I couldn't believe only days had passed since being back home, it had felt like weeks with all these Vampire attacks.

I opened my eyes and looked over at my bedside table. The magic ring that Ky had been within, lied there. I turned and grabbed the ring. If Ky was connected to her, was she able to show me how Amira was doing?

I got off the bed and headed downstairs where Ky was with everyone else. I entered the dining area and headed straight to Ky who was talking with Savannah.

"Hey Ky, can we talk for a sec... in private?"

Ky nodded, "Sure."

I led Ky upstairs to the library and closed the door once inside. We took a seat on the sofa that had a large coffee table in front.

"I was wondering... can you connect me to Amira?"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Ky's tone was a warning and I knew it wasn't good what was happening to Amira. "This will change the course of your path."

"I need to know how she's doing." I pleaded, something I never did.

She let out a sigh, "Okay... close your eyes and sit still."

I did as I was told and Ky placed her hands against my temples. What I witnessed next, made my heart drop to the pit of my stomach.