28: Surprise

I felt like I was being pulled out of a whirlpool. When I opened my eyes, I was back in the library.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Seth asked with curiosity.

I shook my head, taking in everything that I had witnessed. "So, you betrayed your own kind."

"I told you. I would do anything to keep Sophie safe."

"I believe you." I empathize with Seth as I thought of everything I would do for Amira. "We'll talk later about getting answers from Cairo. Our girls must be wondering where we went off to all this time.

Seth smirked, "You know you were only in my memories for like two minutes, maybe even less."

What? It felt like I was there for at least an hour. Seth chuckled seeing the expression of disbelief on my face as we walked out of the library.

I left Seth and headed upstairs to my room. I found Amira still asleep. She was exhausted from everything she had gone through, but she looked like she was resting peacefully. It was still real early in the morning so I decided to let her sleep while I prepared my little surprise for her. I caressed her hair and kissed her on the cheek, causing her to stir a bit.

"Logan?" Her voice was low and groggy.

"Shhh.. sleep, baby. I know you're tired." I whispered.

Amira slowly nodded her head and quickly fell back asleep. I caressed her cheek with my index finger before moving away from the bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen. The palace was pretty quiet as everyone was still sleeping this early, it was around six thirty in the morning. Once I entered the kitchen, the sound of people talking filled the room. The cooks and servers were busy starting to prepare breakfast for everyone.

"Good morning, Prince Logan." One of the cooks said as she smiled. "Breakfast is not ready yet, would you like anything to drink?"

"That's okay. I actually came here because I wanted to make something for a small picnic." I placed my hands against the counter as I stared at her shocked expression.

I smirked knowing what she was thinking. "I do know how to use stove. Don't worry, I promise I won't burn the palace down."

"Oh... okay. There's extra pots and pans here and the pantry is over there." She hesitantly pointed to the cabinets and pantry door.

"Thank you." I said as I reached the stove and turned the oven to 375°F. I started grabbing ingredients quickly.

It took me about an hour to get everything set up. One of the servers brought me a wicker picnic basket that came with the plates, mugs, and cutlery attached. I was sure this plan would help Amira take her mind off things. It was seven thirty in the morning when I headed upstairs to my room to change and wake Amira up. As I walked into my room, I stopped in my tracks as Amira was already awake, sitting on my bed with her legs crossed and fully dressed. She looked sexy as hell in all black, wearing a mini leather skirt and an oversized sweatshirt. Black made her eyes shine bright and made those delicious red lips pop.

I grinned as I walked a little closer to her. "I was just coming to wake you."

"I've been up a while so I asked Ky to bring some of my clothes from home, now that I can't magically do it myself." Amira turned away, not wanting to show me the sadness on her face.

In an instant, I went to her and pulled her onto my lap as I sat down on the bed. "Baby... everything will be alright. We'll think of something to get your magic back, trust me." I kissed her on the cheek. "Let me go get changed to take you to your surprise."