39: Amira

I howled in pain and I felt the blood gripping down my front legs. All of a sudden, the Vamp's claw retracted from me and the weight on my back was gone. I slightly tumbled to the side and I felt my wounds begin to heal. I looked to see what happened to the Vamp that was on my back and what I saw had me falling in love with Amira even more.  Amira was standing above a Vamp's corpse as she held onto the sword which was jammed into its back where it's heart was. 

"I got your back," Amira said and then gave me a wink.

A sharp bark come from me as thanks for her saving me before I turned my attention back to Cairo. I ran towards him and snapped my muzzle towards his shoulders, but he grabbed against my chest to stop me.

Cairo held me back and I used my large paws to grab onto him, but his movements were quick. Cairo used his legs to jump high enough away from me and came running towards me, drop kicked me against the chest which sent me stumbling back. 

"Just like my brother, you're not strong enough, Little Prince!" Cairo hissed and while he was running his mouth, I saw Seth running towards him.

Seth went slamming into Cairo and they both tumbled to the floor. Cairo ended up on top of Seth with his claws digging into Seth's chest. Seth grunted and hissed as he tried to push against his brother. As I ran to help Seth, I was suddenly tackled to the side by a copper colored wolf. I didn't know who this wolf was, but I already knew they must be working for Claw. That slime.

Seth started to scream and I couldn't help him as the copper wolf had me pinned down. I didn't know if anyone else was able to help, but that was when I saw it. From the corner of my eyes, I saw as Amira ran towards Cairo with her sword. Cairo quickly slammed his arm against her chest and Amira went skidding against the ground. My eyes grew with fear that Amira was badly injured as she didn't have her magic or Ky anymore to be able to heal. 

The momentary distraction allowed Seth to escape from under Cairo and they continued to punch at each other. With all the strength I could muster, I lifted my hind legs, kicking the copper wolf off me. I ran towards Amira to check on her and I quickly shifted back to my human form once I was near her.

"Baby, talk to me. Are you alright?" I kneeled in front of Amira as she stirred, trying to get up. I grabbed onto her and pulled her to her feet.

"I'm okay," she said as she placed her hand to the back of her head. "Just a headache now." I sighed in relief and caressed her cheek. 

"You scared me," I whispered and Amira smiled faintly to reassure me that she was indeed okay. 

What followed next happened so fast that I didn't have time to react. In a split second, Amira's eyes went wide and then she shoved her way passed me, making me end up behind her. Amira's movements were so quick that I didn't understand how she managed to do it. I landed sitting on the ground and saw that Claw was standing right in front of Amira. I watched in horror as Amira was standing stiffly and blood had begun to drip to the ground from in between them. Claw pushed Amira back and my body moved before my brain processed it. I caught Amira before she could hit the ground. Why did she take the hit for me? I would've healed from my injuries.

"No, no, no, no, no..." Was all I could manage to whisper as my hands were trembling. I placed one hand on her wound to try and stop the bleeding.

"A-Amira?" My voice was shaky while I felt my eyes begin to burn. I looked down at her beautiful face, those beautiful golden eyes stared directly into mine. She was having a hard time breathing evenly.  

"Logan..." she whispered as a tear slowly fell from each of her eyes. "I love you."

"No baby, you're going to be okay." I pulled her face closer to mine and closed my eyes as I kissed her forehead. I quickly opened my eyes when Amira placed her hand against my cheek because I felt the cold metal from her ring. I moved my bloody hand from her wound and grabbed her hand that was on my cheek. 

"Ky, help Amira. Please." I spoke to the ring.

Nothing happened.

"She's weak." Amira coughed after speaking and then blood came out the corners of her mouth.

"No, you can't leave me." I whispered, caressing her cheek with my bloody hand as tears travelled down my cheeks. "I love you, I'm nothing without you."

"You are...meant for greatness." Those were Amira's last words before the sound of her breathing stopped. The sound of thunder followed immediately right after. I screamed and sobbed as I pulled her completely against my chest. I cradled the back of her head, not wanting to let her go.

"Pity," the voice held no remorse and I already knew who that voice was. "...that it wasn't you that died by the silver." I quickly looked up to see Claw raising his hand and that's when I saw it. His hand was covered in a bloody black leather glove and the fingers had sharp tips laced in silver. That's why Amira pushed me out of the way, she knew it would've killed me. But without her, I wished for nothing more but death. 

"Tonight you die!" I shouted at Claw as rain drops started falling. My face felt like it was on fire from the anger that was building. A menacing growl erupted from my chest and Claw laughed.

"Child, you have no idea who I am and what I can do."

I slowly pulled Amira away from my chest and kissed her on the forehead. I gently placed her down on the ground and stood up to my full height.

"Let's find out, fucker." In the next second I shifted to my wolf form and I ran towards him. He quickly moved out of the way and transformed into the copper wolf. Then I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder, then pain on my other shoulder.

"You will be joining your little witch soon enough." Claw said and this stunned me for a second as no Werewolf is able to speak when in wolf form. I shifted back into my human form to removed myself from Claw's grasp. I punched Claw repeatedly against his wolf belly as he whimpered and then I went for an uppercut to his muzzle. 

Claw said I didn't know what he could do, but he sure as hell didn't know what I was capable of doing. I've been training at Stronghold for years and I was as good and strong of a fighter in my human form as I was in my wolf form. 

Claw went flying back, hitting the ground hard and he shifted to his human form. Although I was naked when I shifted, Claw was fully clothed and still wore his mask. How was this possible?

"What the hell are you?" I shouted and Claw pulled himself off the ground while chuckling deeply.

"I'm a Kinsmir," he said as two large, dark, leathery wings sprung out from his back. 

My eyes grow wide as I watched as his wings opened fully. This was something that was impossible to exist, yet I was seeing it with my own eyes.

"How?" Was all that I could say.

"I have a lovely Fae to thank for this." Claw smirked as he was beginning to ascend to the sky, but before he could, two black wolves came from behind Claw and tackled him to the ground. It was my father and Uncle Leo. 

Claw's wings were folded against his back as my father and Uncle Leo stood above him, holding him down. I needed to know who Claw was and this was my opportunity to unmask him. I quickly shifted into my wolf form to get to the faster and before Claw could do anything, I used my paw and clawed the masked off his face.