35: Garden

I looked at my phone and saw that it was six on the dot and right on cue, everyone started appearing from the house into the garden. My father had also invite a few Werewolves from the village below Avery Palace.

I greeted a few of my relatives as they walked in the garden. I got to meet the rest of my family throughout the day. My family consisted of my father's relatives only, my mother didn't have much family and the few she did have, weren't as close to her. My father's cousins consisted of Samuel, Daisy, Victoria, Amos, and John. Any one of them could be Claw. I wasn't going to cross out the women, for all we knew they could be disguising themselves as a man by help from any creature that wielded magic abilities.

Samuel was in his forties, married to Hazel and had twin sons, fifteen year olds, Bradley and Felix. Daisy was in her thirties, married to Richard and had a two year old daughter, Lila. Victoria was in her sixties and was married to Michael, they had three children over twenty-five years old, Luke, Gale, and Jo. Amos was around my age, he wasn't married and had no children. John was a widower and he had four daughters. John's daughters Valencia, Felicity, Venus and Francis were married to Robert, George, Carver, and Mitch. None of John's daughters had children yet. The only people that didn't show in the morning were my Uncle Leo, his wife, Gloria who I never met before and their newborn son, James. My father said that they would show up for the party, but they hadn't arrived yet.

It was about ten minutes after six and I was already late in picking up Amira. I had spoken ahead of time with Savannah and Ky to delay Amira from showing up to the garden at the same time as everyone else. I pushed back my hair one last time before heading upstairs to Savannah's room where the girls got ready. I passed by a mirror on my way upstairs and damn did I look great. I wore a black two piece suit with a white collared undershirt, and paired it with sleek black boots.

I was going to knock on the door, but stopped and took a deep breath. I don't know why I was so nervous. Probably was the fact that I hoped Amira liked her surprise birthday. I patted my sweaty hands against my thighs when Devin came out of nowhere.

"Never seen you so shook, bro," Devin chuckled as he slapped me on the back.

"You can't blame him, she might hate it." Caleb teased, popping out bedside Devin.

I must had lost my senses over this nervousness because I hadn't noticed either of them sneak up on me. Devin was wearing an ivory blazer with a white silk shirt, black slacks and his hair was tied in a low ponytail. Caleb wore black slacks and a white button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Maybe we'll have another battle to look forward to." Seth teased, appearing from out of his room. Seth was wearing a white blazer with a white button up shirt and blush colored slacks.

"You all aren't helping!" I said as I turned to look at the door again. "Okay, I'm gonna knock."

They lined up behind me like a couple of school girls, sticking their head to the side to see into the room once it opened.

Jade was the one to open the door with a huge grin on her face. She was wearing a black halter dress which reached her mid-calves and had a deep V neckline. The bottom half of her dress had white flower designs. Her hair was loose and straight, with no trace of her natural curls.

"She's ready for you," Jade whispered.

I looked into the room and the other three were blocking my view of Amira, giggling as they parted. I stood speechless as I stared at Amira. She was beyond beautiful, I didn't think she could be even more beautiful than she already was.

Amira's gown was crimson colored, it featured a satin skirt and a lot of intricate details that included fringed cap sleeves and a crystal-studded, corseted tulle bodice. She had light makeup on with those delicious signature red lips of hers, and her hair was tied back which showed that gorgeous face of hers that usually hid behind her hair.

"Amira.... holy.... you look fucking amazing." I said breathlessly.

They four girls giggled again while Amira smiled widely. I stepped aside as Jade came out the room and looped her arm with Devin's, heading to the garden.

"See ya downstairs." Jade said right before kissing Devin on the cheek.

Sophie stepped out of the room and looped her arm with Seth's. Sophie wore a yellow and blush colored, floor length gown and her hair up in a flower crown.

As Savannah stepped out, Caleb smiled that cocky smile of his when he saw her. She was wearing a neon green strapless mini dress with her hair loose and straight.

"Can I escort you ladies down?" He said to both Savannah and Ky.

Savannah just rolled her eyes at him and kept it moving while Ky accepted Caleb's offer with a smirk on her face. Ky was wearing a backless floor length black dress and her hair was styled in her usual long braid. Amira walked towards me and I grabbed her by the waist as soon I could reach her.

"You look absolutely gorgeous, baby." I growled lowly. "I don't think I will be able to keep my hands off you tonight."

"You're lucky I don't have my magic, this would be a good opportunity to zap you." Amira teased. I chuckled and kissed her on the forehead.

"Did you enjoy your spa day?" Amira placed her hands behind my neck.

"I actually enjoyed it very much, good Sir."

"Silly girl." I said with a big grin. "Let's head to the party." Amira nodded and finally looped her arm around mine.

As we made it to the entrance of the garden, I stopped suddenly. I faced Amira and held her face between my big hands. Looking her straight in the eyes, I spoke softly.

"I love you, Amira Darkholme." She smiled as she stared with her doe eyes.

"I love you, Logan Avery."

Our lips met.

It was a short and passionate kiss, but it felt like an eternity.

We stepped into the garden as I held Amira's hand. Her eyes went wide when everyone yelled at once.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"