26: Memories Pt.1

Seth's POV

I could feel my insides twisting and tearing. These fucking Boggarts came out of nowhere while I was searching for the target The Boss had assigned to me. Boggarts were fucking dangerous shapeshifters, they were cannibals and had the power to reverse accelerated recovery which worsened my existing injuries. To make it worse, I wasn't able to get a hit on them because of their ghostly figure.

I felt myself on the verge of death, I couldn't believe this was how I was going out. I fell to the ground and pulled myself against a tree. No amount of pressure would stop the blood from my injured stomach. But still I pressed my hand against my injury and closed my eyes, accepting my inevitable death.

I heard someone speaking, but I couldn't open my eyes. They sounded far away and suddenly I felt a warmth against my face. Someone was speaking to me, but I no longer could make out the words. I tried again to open my eyes. My eyes opened slightly and someone's face was in front of mine. My vision was blurry and all I could make out was red hair before I passed out. 

***

I stared at the door, waiting for the person to come through. What the fuck was wrong with them, keeping me in this place, lying on this bed. I needed to get out of here, but I wasn't strong enough yet to get up or even move.

The door finally opened and in walked the red headed Witch. Sophie was her name and I just wanted to drain her of her blood, but I was too weak to do so. She was holding a tray with a small bowl and a cup of water.

"You're awake, good." Sophie said enthusiastically as she walked near me. "Maybe today you'll listen to me and finally eat, you're not going to heal if you keep refusing."

"Get that away from me if you want to live." I hissed at her, but she just blinked at me.

"You've been here three days, you need to take this." Sophie sighed as she put the tray on the bedside table.

"What's it to ya?" I smirked mockingly.

"Vampire or not, you're still wounded." Sophie slowly moved closer to me.

"I said get away before I make you my dinner!" A pain hit me at that moment and I had to lean back against the pillows. A list of curse words left my mouth.

Sophie ran to the dresser across the bed to grab something. She sat down beside me on the bed and began pouring some liquid potion and placing herbs on my chest and stomach. The pain subsided after a couple of seconds, but my wounds still weren't healing. She picked up the bowl and grabbed the spoon, putting it near my mouth.

"Now, let's try this again. Please don't try to bite me this time, remember how that worked out for you yesterday." Her blue eyes glimmered like the clearest of oceans which made me obediently open my mouth.

***

I groggily woke up to Sophie tending to my wounds. She removed the gauze on my stomach. The large cut was still open, but no longer bleeding.

"It's starting to finally heal some." Sophie smiled down at me which caused me to bit my bottom lip.

She grabbed a small wet towel and cleaned around the wound. She threw the towel back in the small bucket, then grabbed a clean gauze and stuck it on my stomach.

"Now let me check your head."

At that moment, I felt myself being able to finally move parts of my body starting with my fingers and toes. I smirked at the fact I was finally able to move. Before she could reach my head, I pinned her down on the bed.

"What a naive little lamb..." I whispered as I brushed her hair away from her neck, "Don't ever try picking up a beast and bringing it home." My fangs extended and I moved to bite her neck.

She lifted her chin to show she wasn't afraid while her innocent eyes stared right into mine. My ears felt hot and I jumped off the bed. That was a big mistake because next thing I knew, my body collapsed to the floor.

***

"Fucking Boggarts." I muttered under my breath.

It had been a week since I collapsed. I had finally come to my senses that I needed her if I wanted to recover and get back to my assignment. I didn't try to bit her again after that.

"Why were you even out there in the first place?" Sophie asked innocently. I couldn't tell her the truth, so I made something up.

"I was looking for somewhere to seek shelter. I'm from the south, I just travelled here a couple of days before you found me." I shrugged nonchalantly.

Sophie put her hand on her hip and her forehead scrunched as she thought. Then she just smiled warmly at me.

"You know you can stay here if you have nowhere to go." My eyes widened as I was not expecting this.

"You want a stranger like me to stay here with you?"

"If I'm able to help. It's not the first time I let my friends stay with me for a while."

"You're a strange girl. No other Witch will ever want to help a Vampire, but you." I looked at her with curiosity.

Sophie suddenly held my hand, squeezing it. I was shocked at the gesture and so she showed me a kind smile, then she hugged me. I initial froze, but then relaxed and buried my head on her shoulder.

"You really are strange..." I mumbled. "You're the first person who has ever hugged me." I closed my eyes.

***

"Alright, shall we go look for food?" Sophie asked as she jumped off her porch.

It had been a month since I'd been staying with her and I can't deny it, but I loved being out in the forest all alone with her. Sophie brought hope and happiness in my life.

I nodded, "Yeah. Head to the meadow, I'll meet you there." I quickly disappeared from her sight in search for food. Blood would had been better, but there wasn't a proper creature I could feed from.

I came to a stop when I spotted a boar. A boar was a good meal for Sophie and I to share. In seconds, I had killed the boar and made my way to meet Sophie at the meadow. As I was nearing the meadow, I sensed a Vampire near by. I instantly feared for Sophie and quickened my pace.

I found Sophie crouched down, picking berries and herbs as she hummed. A Vampire I knew was sneaking up right behind her and she didn't sense him. I dropped the boar and quickly tackled him on the side before he could touch her. As he tried to fight me, I held him down and he stopped when he realized who I was. A smirk appeared on his face as he was glad to see me.

"Yo, Se—"

His words were cut off when my hand dug into his chest. I stared at my hands, dripped of blood from hold his heart.

***