37: Chaos

I pulled away from Amira and held both her hands. She stared at me with adoration in her eyes. I took in a deep breath, slowly exhaling it out and stared into her big beautiful golden eyes.

"Amira, since that day ten years ago, I only knew you as the mysterious Witch that helped me continue seeing another day. I felt something that night when we first touched and at the time I didn't know what it was. Now looking back, I think it was a sign that we were meant to be together. I've heard of stories where people meet and instantly they feel like they've know each other all their lives. I feel that way with you, even though we've only truly known each other for a few days, I already know i want to spend the rest of my life with you." Amira's smile grew bigger as I caressed her cheek with one hand.

"I feel the same way, Logan. I tried to deny it since I saw you the morning you were first attacked by the Vampire, but I couldn't deny it for long." I pulled her closer and kissed her on the forehead.

"You make me feel complete, like your the half of my soul that I've been missing all along. I never want to be without you, baby." I pulled away from Amira. "And that's why I want to ask you..."

I got down on one knee and grabbed the black box that was hidden in the inside pocket of my blazer.

"Will you stand by my side when I become the Alpha King?"

I opened the box and revealed a ring that had been handed down in my family for generations. The ring was platinum with small black onyx gems surrounding it and it featured two wolves holding onto the full moon. The full moon was a big amethyst diamond.

"Will you make me the happiest Alpha and become my Queen?"

"Are you serious?" Were the words she uttered softly as she was almost speechless.

"We don't have to get married right away, but I do want to marry you some day... whenever you're ready." I stared up at her, letting her know how serious I was about this. After a couple of seconds went by, she spoke.

"Okay..." She whispered at first and then her voice became excited, "Yes, I would love nothing more than to be your Queen." She nodded vigorously, trying to keep her body calm as she looked like she wanted to jump out of her shoes. As I put the ring on, Amira began to ramble on.

"You're positive about this right? I don't want you to change your mind because I know I'm not a Werewolf nor do I have my mag—" I shut her up by kissing her on the lips as I stood up, towering over her.

"I'm absolutely positive, woman." I growled, making her forget about her absurd thought.

I lifted her off her feet from the ground into a hug, instinctively she wrapped her arms around my neck and planted a hard, but slow kiss on my lips.

"I love you so much Logan, you have no idea." Amira said as soon as she pulled away from the kiss.

"I think I have an idea." I winked as I tighten my hold around her waist. I just loved holding her close to me every chance I got.

Our moment was interrupted when we heard slow clapping. We both turned our head to see who it was. I quickly put Amira down on her feet and behind me in a protective manner as an angry growl abrupted from me.

"Congratulations," said Cairo with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Who let you out?" I said through gritted teeth.

"There are secret passageways that even you are not aware of." Cairo chuckled while he mocked. "You should've killed me when you had the chance, Little Prince."

Screams were suddenly heard as the music cut off and that's when Cairo came charging at me. He was quick but not as quick as me even if I wasn't in my wolf form.

"Amira, run!" I shouted as I ran straight into Cairo and with my bare hands grabbed him by the throat, throwing him against a tree.

Amira started making a run for it but didn't get very far as another Vampire appeared, blocking her way out of the maze. I knew Amira could fight, but without any weapons she wouldn't be able to stop a Vampire. The Vamp slowly stalked closer to her and as I was about to run to her, Cairo came slamming into me. I landed on my back and looking up at the sky and in the next second I saw black smoke appear. I knew what it was instantly. I heard the scream of the Vamp and in seconds, his scream died down.

"Ky!" Amira shouted sounding relieved by Ky's appearance. Cairo threw punches at my face, but I was quickly healing from them. The nails of my hands extended into sharp claws and I stabbed at Cairo into the sides of his torso. A painful groan came out of Cairo's mouth and in a blur, Cairo stepped away and jumped on the hedges of the maze, disappearing from sight.

"What's happening out there?" I asked Ky as soon as I held Amira in my arms, relieved that she wasn't hurt.

"Vampires appeared and they aren't alone... Claw is with them." Ky explained and I nodded.

"Stay close to Ky." I told Amira as I kissed her on the forehead before I ran through the maze and back to the chaos happening.

I quickly spotted the Siren warriors fighting off Vampires as they protected the few children that were present during the party. The Sirens used their screech to stun the Vampires momentarily and their strength to break bones. Then I heard a familiar angry voice.

"That hairball of yours will die soon, you poor excuse for an Alpha King." Claw said to my father, who was not in his wolf form.

"You will never harm my son, you will never have the power you seek." My father growled out as he seemed ready to shift.

As I was distracted watching my father and Claw, I lost focus on the fighting happening around me that a Vampire took that opportunity to strike me. I stumbled back as the punch landed on the side of my face. I recovered and immediately went for his throat as my nails extended, but suddenly I was grabbed from behind by two more Vamps. I was strong but the two held me in a position where if I moved, I was sure to dislocate my shoulders which would make it difficult for be to shift into my wolf. The Vampire in front of me tried to stab me in the chest with his claws, but didn't have the chance as Seth quickly came behind him with a Sharpfinger knife and slit his throat. Seth flashed a smirk and in one fast motion, he slit the throats of the two Vampire's holding me. All three Vamps were dead and I didn't know how that was possible with just slitting their throats.

"How did you do that?" I asked Seth in disbelief as I removed my torn suit jacket.

"Dead creature blood," was Seth's simple answer before his eyes grew slightly wide. He jumped over me and kicked the Vamp that was sneaking up towards me. When I turned, it wasn't just any Vamp.

"Good friends with the Little Prince now, are you brother." Cairo flashed a devious smirk at Seth.

"Better a good friend than a lunatic brother," Seth hissed his response.

Cairo smirked and without saying anything more, he ran towards Seth and landed a punch to his face. Seth quickly recovered and landed multiple blows to Cairo's face and torso. Cairo stumbled back and smirked at his brother as he spit out blood.

"Not bad, brother...but not good enough." Cairo mocked Seth.

They went blow to blow at each other and if I didn't have heightened senses, I would have missed this quick impacts. I was getting ready to shift into my wolf, when suddenly I heard his voice again and it came from directly behind me.

"I have waited too long for your death."