17: Taken

It was five minutes before midnight. The new moon was out as it appeared two hours before. Amira and Savannah had changed their clothes to something more comfortable. They had everything set up for the spell. There were several red candles scattered around a sigil that they drew on the ground. A bowl was placed on top of the sigil.

I was standing next to Devin and my parents stood standing together a couple of feet behind us. The guards were on high alert around us just in case something happened.

"It's almost time," Amira said to us all.

As the clock hit midnight on our phones, Amira and Savannah kneeled to the ground inside the sigil. They started chanting and almost instantly, the candles lit up on its own. As they both kept chanting, Savannah placed three pieces of myrrh into the bowl and Amira pulled out a small blade, placing it against her palm. Amira closed her eyes and cut her palm with the blade. She let her blood trickle into the bowl while Savannah stood up and pulled out a small bottle of holy water. Savannah walked around Amira, dripping holy water around her. After a while, the bowl gave off a faint smoke. The candles blew out and I knew the spell was done. Amira had let us know early on that this spell did not manifest visibly in anyway, but indicated the location into her mind since she was the spell caster, using her blood.

A few moments later, Amira opened her eyes and smirked. "We did it. I see her trail."

As soon as those words came out of Amira's mouth, we heard a few growls from the guards. One by one, vampires started jumping over the walls, there were at least fifty of them. They started running towards us.

I turned around to my parents. "Mom, Dad, get inside." I knew they wanted to fight, but they were the King and Queen and their safety came first.

"Devin, have Savannah's back, I'll have Amira's" I quickly said to Devin as we both started running towards the girls.

A few of the guards shifted while others stood in human form with weapons in hand. Some guards had TenPoint Crossbows and for the guards that liked to keep it old school, they had escrima sticks with pointed ends. Only the guards in wolf form and escrima sticks ran towards the in coming vamps. The guards with the crossbows hung back, shooting at the vamps from afar.

I grabbed Amira by the hand, "Stay beside me."

She nodded and then I shifted to my brown wolf. Amira started creating fire orbs and shooting them at the Vamps. For some reason the fire orbs weren't doing as much damage.

"They have a protection spell on them. Magic attacks won't work." Amira yelled out.

Five Vamps jumped on me at the same time, thankfully a few arrows came shooting and knocked down three of the Vamps. Devin was next to me in his grey wolf form and attacked one of the Vamps on me while I fought with the other. Savannah had created an invisible shield to hold back the Vamps from getting to her as she must've figured out they had a protection spell. I slashed with my claws and snapped my muzzle at the Vamp I was fighting.

I saw Amira running to help Savannah, but something went wrong. I heard a yell and knew it was from Amira. I jumped on top of the Vamp and ripped his throat out.

"Logan!" I heard Amira's muffled shouts.

I looked up and saw they were taking her with them and not killing her. As I ran I saw arrows shooting towards those Vamps, but those fuckers were too quick. I watched as they took Amira over the wall. All the Vamps started retreating, the only Vamps left were the ones still fighting to prevent any of us from following.

I started running and jumped over the wall where Amira disappeared to and was stopped by four Vampires waiting for me on the other side. They surrounded me and I let out a vicious bark and started swiping them every time they got near. Devin appeared from over the wall and jumped on two of the Vamps, digging his claws into their throats.