10. Settling In

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Well this is your Spanish class, I have to go otherwise I'll be late for French,"

"Sure go and thanks for showing me where my class was,"

"No problem," Fleur called out as she ran towards her classroom.

Pushing the door she entered, she was early as she saw a small handful of students scattered around the classroom. She greeted the teacher before taking a seat towards the back.

As more students entered the class Iris found herself surrounded by some loud students and felt very out of place.

"Hey, are you new here?" A girl from the ground called out.

"Yeah,"

The girl smacked her gum and shared a look with her friend before turning around.

"Where you from,"

Iris shrugged her shoulders "Everywhere,"

Growing up with her mother, then being dumped in the foster system, finding Amalea then losing her, running to California being brought back to New York. It was a lot of moving around so she never got to settle she didn't feel like she had a home, a place where she came from.

"Is your hair real?"

"Yes,"

More questions where thrown at her but she just ignored them as she began taking notes for the lesson, she didn't want to be rude but she wasn't famous and didn't feel like being interviewed by random people on her first day of school.

"Iris ¿puede leernos el próximo capítulo, por favor?" Señorita González asked.

Iris looked down at the book but all the words were jumbled and she couldn't make out what they were saying. She tried squinting but it was no use.

"I can't read the words clearly," she muttered.

Some snickers filled the class, but Señorita González silenced the, before picking on someone else to read. The two girls from before looked behind and started laughing.

"She can't even read how'd she get in,"

"Probably using all of her parent's money,"

Iris just ignored the girls and continued with the lesson just taking down notes from what she heard. The bell rang dismissing the students, and with the rest, Iris shot up and left the classroom.

As she was walking through the hall she heard her name get called out turning around she saw Lorenzo skating towards her.

"I'm sure you're not allowed to skate in the halls," she teased.

"Yeah whatever hows your first day going?"

"It's going okay,"

Opening his mouth he was about to speak when he heard, "ENZO,"

They both looked in the direction where the noise came from and saw two boys swerving around people as they skated towards them. Lorenzo didn't want to leave Iris alone, he knew that her first day at a new school would probably be hard.