45. One of those days

( because I've taken ages to upload a new chapter you may want to re-read a few chapters to remind yourself with what going on.)

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It was one of those days.
One of those days when just living felt particularly exhausting.

She missed Amalea, it wasn't her death anniversary and the day held no special significance other than the fact that Iris missed her more today than she did on most days.

The stench of death followed her around everyday, but it very rarely seeped into her skin and stole all her energy and love until she was nothing more than a living corpse grieving a person she'd never get back.

It was 7:09 am, Iris had school and should've been out of bed getting ready. In exactly seven minutes one of her brothers was going to call her from her room anyways. Or in the twins case drag her out of the bed, Lorenzo would pour water on her but her favourite was Nario who softly jumped on the bed or kissed her cheeks until her eyelashes slowly fluttered open.

But not one of them would strip open her curtains to let the sunlight blind her, nor would they threaten to get the wooden spoon if she missed the bus and she wouldn't go downstairs and be forced to take a COD liver tablet before eating breakfast. Those were only things that Amalea did, they were memories.

Iris cried. Then she tried to sit up, she wiped at the continuous tears that painted her cheeks. Then she felt them dry.

And the she just sat there with a shattered heart as the pain echoed around all the different pieces.

* * *

Valerius's hand trembled slightly as they hovered over the keys of the piano, the instrument he wished he learned. He wanted to feel close to her through music.

He always made sure the music room was spotless, not just for Iris but for his mother.

He missed his mother, he needed his mother.

Tilting his head back he blinked away the tears, he felt guilty for not crying over her the way he should, she was more than worthy of all his compassion and pain. But tears made you vulnerable, human but vulnerable non the less and vulnerability made you weak.

With his signature glare began to leave the room ready for school because if there was one fact that he wanted the world to know.

He wasn't weak.

* * *

Nario was a simple five year old.

With tired eyes he slowly blinked as he clutched his Spider-Man toothbrush and sang the alphabet in his head. He wiggled his toes staring down at the yellow sock on his left and red on his right.

He was hungry, he wanted pancakes with chocolate spread. No he wanted waffles. Or maybe bacon, but he did also want some apples and grapes.

Oh well, he'd just have it all.

He walked out of his bathroom and saw his prep school uniform laying on his bed. He put it all on minus the tie, he wanted Iris to do it. She kissed him on the nose like mummy did, or maybe Emilio could do it, he always spud him the way daddy did.