03. Officially a Moretti

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Third Person

─── · 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

'Why does he want to adopt me he doesn't even know me.' Iris thought as she paced up and down her room, floorboards creaking beneath her feet.

Iris was so confused, the son of the woman who she saw as a mother wanted to adopt her. How did he even find her, how did he even know about her, he lived in New York shouldn't he be focused on his hotels and other things that rich people worry about.

Iris didn't like thinking about all this it took to much brainpower and she assumed they would probably send her back when they realise she's nothing but a waste of space anyways so she went to sleep to try and calm her chaotic thoughts.

Meanwhile, at LAX, Donatello and Nazaire had just landed.

"The home is only 15 minutes away from here," Nazaire pointed out as the two of them got in the limo.

Donatello nodded as he looked out the window, he was stuck in a deep trance. When his father died at the hands of their uncle he stepped up and became the man of the house, comforting his mother and younger siblings. He never had time for emotions.

Dante, Valerius and Valentino were already trouble as it is, not to mention the fact that they had Nario, who was only four, running around the house and now they had to add another child on top of that.

If he was being honest the only reason he was adopting Iris was that it was his mothers dying wish otherwise he wouldn't put himself through all this trouble.

As the boys sat in the office waiting for the young girl to arrive their heads were both filled with a clutter of disarrayed thoughts. As embarrassing as it was to admit they could both sense the unfamiliar feeling in the room, nervousness. They were nervous, something they never usually were.

This was the little girl their mother cherished, they saw it her eyes sparkle that night in the hospital when she spoke of Iris. She loved her like she was her own, the daughter she never had. The boys wanted to make their mother proud they had to, this was her dying wish and they had to honour it to the highest extent.

Iris walked down the stairs as slowly as she could she knew as soon as she opened the door her life would change forever. She would be leaving behind the pitiful excuse of a life that she had here in California. Even though this life was pathetic it was familiar, she knew what to expect. Going to live with the Moretti's would be like to starting life all over again.

She just didn't know if she was ready for that to happen.

"Iris darling, take a seat," Mrs Wood spoke as she walked in the room.

Iris took a seat in the chair furthest from the two brothers and this didn't go unnoticed by them.

"Iris this is Donatello Moretti and his brother Nazaire Moretti they would like to adopt you,"

"So I've heard," she muttered through she made sure no one heard her.

"However,"

Nazaire looked in Mrs Woods direction with a questioning gaze, what, however, he thought to himself when he had spoken to her on the phone everything had been ironed out.