◇◇ THREE

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕨𝕠
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

Brynne was watching a film with Simon on her living room couch when she got a call from Isabelle. It was urgent, so urgent that Brynne didn't even change when portaling outside the Institute waiting for clearance to enter.

Alec, in Brynne's option, did something idiotic. Jocelyn got an Adamas from Luke who got it from his mother an Iron Sister. The Adamas is an ancient way to communicate through the parabatai bond, through the two partners' linked spirits. The risks were that the process was taxing on the body, on the mind, and only a few people have tried it, not many have come back to talk about it.

While Brynne wanted to help, she was scared. The Institute had so many wards put up by various warlocks, and the last time she used magic inside the place the item she focused her magic on went up in flames. So as to do more good rather than harm Brynne calls Magnus for help.

Magnus was working his magic on Alec who had become delirious and still unconscious. In his delirious state Alec mumbles, "Jace, I..."

"It's not working" Isabelle states making Magnus stop his magic and look over at the younger sister who sat on the bed close by

"I'm sorry, Isabelle" Magnus apologizes before looking over at Brynne who kept her eyes on Alec, every now and then zoning in and out of reality

Magnus tries to use his magic again making Brynne return back to reality at the sight of the glowing blue light reaching Alec's face, "Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls"

Brynne decides to chime in knowing her fair share of knowledge on the angelic bond, "Parabatai's share emotions, instincts, strength. It's an angelic bond. Magnus' o-or my magic can only do so much."

"So Jace is like this, too?" Isabelle worriedly asks looking at both warlocks for answers

"No," Brynne says with a shake of her head, "It seems like when Alec called out to Jace, part of his soul never returned. Now Alec's stuck- uh lost somewhere between himself and his parabatai"

"But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul..." Isabelle curiously states  having an idea in mind

"We may very well have the cure. Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly," Magnus instructs glancing from the magic leaving his hands up to Isabelle

"Do you want me to go with you?" Brynne asks feeling like she needed to do something more than just sit while watching Magnus work his magic

Isabelle shakes her head, "Stay with Alec. I'll go find Jace."

Isabelle left the bedroom but not without taking one last glance at her brother. Leaving Magnus to keep using his magic on Alec, and every now and then Brynne allows the warlock to use her as a power source.

It wasn't too long until there was a knock at the door followed by a feminine voice calling out, "Isabelle? Clary's back."

At the news, Brynne opens the door looking at Jocelyn without a care in the world for her news. Sarcastically Brynne says, "That is such great news Joce now we can all go home"

With an eye roll, Brynne is ready to slam the door in the redhead's face but she speaks up making Brynne keep the door open, "Woah. Wait, Brynne. How's Alec? Is he gonna be okay?"