◇◇ FOURTEEN

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕨𝕠
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 - 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

In the days that followed Brynne spent lots of time in Magnus' loft, and she did that because she needed to mingle with other warlocks. But really it was to keep her friend in check and make sure he was still okay after Azazel's body swap spell.

Her home was sacred at the moment, Brynne needed a safe space away from people not trusting her boyfriend and telling her she was on the wrong side. It especially didn't get better when Alec announced hosting a regular cabinet meeting at the Institute with the Downworld leaders.

Brynne not being a Downworld leader wasn't invited to the meeting but just before it started, she was on a call with Alec who says over the phone, "It's important this meeting tonight go smoothly"

"It will," Brynne chuckles being able to hear his nerves "But if all odds are against you then don't worry because I will be right here when it ends"

"I love you, Ryn," Alec says with a smile making her able to hear the smile and seriousness that comes with that promise

"Alexander Lightwood you are going to do amazing today, I love you"

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇

When the cabinet meeting was done Alec had left the Institute and made his way to Brynne's apartment. It's how the two ended up in bed, Brynne wrapping her arms around Alec's shoulders while he rested his head on her chest listening to how the meeting went.

Brynne had planned on spending her day with Simon until he joined Clary and Jace at the Seelie Court. In her day not being as eventful as Alec's she quickly says what she did before wanting to hear how the Downworlder meeting went, "They agreed to have weekly meeting, with the promise there will be compromise and transparency"

"How much transparency?" Brynne asks keeping her eyes on the ceiling while continuing to play with Alec's hands

"Expect total transparency from everyone. In good faith Magnus shared what Azazel did to him," Alec explains taking Brynne by surprise but before she can ask he answers, "Ryn don't worry, he seemed okay"

"Good, thank you," Brynne mumbles before awkwardly kissing the top of his head "Anything else exciting happen?"

"We have a mole in the Institute," Alec shares making Brynne hum with interest "they tried to frame Luke, but I gave him a Get Out of Jail Free card"

At his reference Brynne couldn't help but smile, "Aren't you glad I introduced you to monopoly?"

Before Alec can answer the apartment door slammed shut making Brynne alert knowing only a handful of people could open the door without her feeling it. The uncertainty quickly vanished when Simon's name was called out by a certain redhead. Having spent the day at her home Brynne knew what was going on between Simon and Clary, or rather what no longer is going on.

"Simon, let me in!" Clary shouts knocking on Simon's locked bedroom door while Brynne walked out of her room in a silk blue robe covering her body "What happened, it was... it was a trick. It meant nothing. I wanna be with you. Hey. We need to talk about this, okay? Please, I..."