FOURTEEN ◇

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕠𝕟𝕖
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

It took Brynne longer than she was willing to admit to tear Magnus from Ragnor's dead body. When she finally was able to, Brynne told Magnus to head back home and that she would take care of getting what they needed. So, when she took a portal back to his apartment, Brynne found her warlock friend sitting on a couch with a drink in hand while looking through a photo album.

Brynne was about to speak up since he didn't seem to have noticed her, but she stops when she hears him speaking, "How I loved her. I prayed she would love me the same, but she just laughed. To Camille, immortals aren't supposed to feel true love. She was so cynical. Camille broke my heart"

"Magnus?" Brynne quietly asks worriedly for him as he looked across at the chair paying attention to it as if someone was speaking to him

Magnus seemed to have heard someone call out his name making him turn to find the raven-haired girl standing next to a pillar in the room. Magnus clears his throat, "You're back, I assume you got everything?"

"Yeah," Brynne softly says having set the last box of Ragnor's things by the entrance "Taking a stroll down memory lane?"

At the women's question, Magnus looks back down at the photo album resting on his lap. It was of him, Ragnor, and Camille, when they were all on good terms and in the most unconventional ways happy.

Brynne walks over to the sofa and takes the photo album from Magnus being able to see the photo making her roll her eyes at the sight of Camille. Brynne closes the book and then throws it next to her, "Ugh you can't still be hung up on that bimbo snake cold-hearted thing. Now... Imasu on the other hand"

Brynne sees the charango amongst the clutter belonging to Ragnor, she reaches out to pick it up and hands it to him. Magnus takes the charango and strums it lightly bringing a small smile to his face, "He played this so beautifully"

"What happened between the two of you? I was gone long before it ended"

"Imasu wanted more than I can give" Magnus vaguely states before pouring himself a drink "Maybe Camille was right

"Imasu wanted more than I can give" Magnus vaguely states before pouring himself a drink "Maybe Camille was right. I am immortal. I can party and have fun to my heart's content without the anchors of love around my feet"

"Do you really believe that? That us as immortals we don't have the right or privilege of falling in love or a chance to reach for certain happiness that doesn't involve parties and hours of never-ending fun?" Brynne asks in disbelief before something in her comes to the realization that she would do anything to prove Camille wrong even if that meant changing her opinion on the things she should or shouldn't do