THREE ◇

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕠𝕟𝕖
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

Simon had been kidnapped by vampires that resided at the Hotel Dumont. The Shadowhunters made a plan to save Simon but in secret, as the vampires didn't break any of the Clave Rules and they weren't going to ask the Clave for permission. Clary doesn't try to reach out to Brynne, leaving her in the dark about Simon's disappearance. When the Shadowhunters do go to the hotel to save Simon, they end up finding Raphael who gives them an unharmed Simon without a fight.

After being saved Simon was so entranced with Clary giving him all her attention that he doesn't notice the absence of Brynne.

Leaving the long night behind them the Shadowhunter along with Simon head back to the Institute. Clary had fallen asleep allowing her mind to wander and allow her to dream lost memories. In the lost memories, Clary dreamt about her mother arguing with a man whose eyes glowed and hands emitted a blue smoke. With a gasp, Clary woke up immediately sitting up on the bed only to be faced with Jace. She starts to relax letting out his name as she caught her breath only for the illusion to fade and Simon appears before her.

"You all right? You still seem kind of freaked" Simon says making Clary blink rapidly trying to see if what was in front of her was to change once again but when it didn't, she knew that he was real

"Simon," Clary says in an exhale making Simon raise his hand to let it rest on Clary's shoulder

"Hey. I got you. You're okay." Simon says trying to calm down the girl from her frantic sleep, "Must have been one hell of a nightmare"

"You have no idea. I was strapped to this piece of furniture and my mom was there. She kept telling this guy to protect me, but then he reached his hand into my skull and ripped out my brain" Clary shares as she was trying to make sense of what she had to relive

"Hello, Freddy Krueger," Simon says with a frown

"Tell me about it." Clary says running a hand through her hair making her realize that Simon was in the infirmary the last time she saw him which is where she had expected him to still be in as he had lost a lot of blood, "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the infirmary?"

"Uh, I just really needed to see you," Simon says skeptically and tries to cover it by mentioning Brynne "I tried to find Ryn as I didn't think they would let her roam around freely but no luck"

"S-she left while we were in the City of Bones," Clary says taking Simon by surprise as it didn't sound like something Brynne would do. Yet before he can ask any questions Clary changes the topic away from Brynne "I am so sorry that my messed up life put you in danger"

"I'm fine," Simon says reassuringly

"No, if those vampires hurt you, I couldn't live with myself. You're all I've got left" Clary honestly says as takes hold of Simon's hands

"Don't get me wrong, I'm totally grateful that your friends got me out before the vampires drained me like a Big Gulp." Simon jokes making Clary chuckle before he looks at her seriously, "But how well do you know this Jace guy? Can you trust him?"

"I think so. I mean, he saved my life and yours"

"True. But I was thinking all of this craziness started the minute you bumped into him at Pandemonium. You think that's just a coincidence?" Simon asks making Clary look around the room they had given her as she didn't know how to answer Simon's question