◇◇ FOUR

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕨𝕠
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

After the initial shock of Aldertree's people taking Jace away, everyone had to report back to the Inquisitor. Everyone including the two warlocks make it back to the Institute, where Magnus had given his report to Aldertree first. Brynne beforehand told Magnus that she'd take up most of the responsibility but him being the High Warlock of Brooklyn couldn't allow that to happen.

Brynne meets Alec who was waiting for her by the Ops Center stairs and as they walk towards the hallway exit he looks around while asking, "How'd it go with Aldertree?"

"So great," Brynne sarcastically says with a small shake of her head, "he informed me that I will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided."

The two stop in the middle of the hallway and face each other, "All for trying to save my life."

Brynne shrug her shoulders, "It was worth it"

Alec shyly smiles, "Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there. And it did make a difference. So... thank you."

"Oh, mon ange thank you for not dying on me..." Brynne kindly says with a smile noticing the way Alec reacted to the name of endearment she gave him, before changing the subject "How's Jace?"

"He won't be gone long. Once his hand touches the Soul-Sword, the truth will come out, and prove that he's never been on Valentine's side." Alec sounds so sure of his words and while Brynne knew that at a certain point he was right, there was still so many politics involved in Jace's case.

There were Shadowhunters walking past them in their own world but to Alec, it felt like they were listening in so he takes a step closer to Brynne, "Look, um, I know that with everything that's been going on, I... We haven't had a chance to..."

Seeing Alec stutter and at loss for words Brynne finishes the sentence, "Go on our first date?"

"Right, yes," Alec says with a nervous chuckle

"I know this really great brunch place in LA," Brynne speaks up thinking about what type of food he might enjoy along with the atmosphere, "there is also this really great seafood market in Australia. But we can always go somewhere local. You hungry?"

"Starving," Alec eagerly answers making Brynne softly laugh

"Hey, Alec." Raj calls out making Alec turn around, "Demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck."

Brynne looks past Alec and waves at the Shadowhunter, "Hey Raj"

Raj's eyes narrow making Brynne smirk, but it turns to a smile as she turns her attention back to Alec, "Rain check?"

"Yes, yeah." Alec says ready to walk back into the Ops Center but before he moves he stutters "Is that okay?"

"Of course, you go battle your demons" Brynne reasonably understands, and before she can say her goodbyes Alec beats her to it.

Alec moves forward and kisses Brynne's forehead. At the action, Brynne couldn't help but close her eyes and let her lips curl into a smile

◇─◇──◇─────◇──◇─◇