TWELVE ◇

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕠𝕟𝕖
𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

Alec had informed his sister about Inquisitor Imogen arriving and setting the trial to the evening. Isabelle made It clear that she would rather be stripped from her runes and sent into exile than be part of a world that sacrifices justice for the law. But Alec wasn't giving up on saving his baby sister, so he told her that she needed an advocate. Isabelle said a warlock's name making Alec leave the room to ask a certain High warlock for a favor, one that would cost the Shadowhunter.

Before he left the Institute, Alec had gone to visit Brynne, he had been ignoring going in to visit her because he didn't know what to say. So, when he entered the room Brynne looked up from her spelled book with a smile as if it was any normal day and she hadn't been arrested.

"They set the trial date for this evening," Alec informs Brynne making her sit up on the sofa and place her feet on the ground

"Thank you for telling me," Brynne says having already been told the news by Isabelle but he didn't need to know that she was just glad to have a visitor, "Did you just come here to tell me that?"

"No. Izzy wants Magnus to be her advocate since the both of you are going to be on trial at the same time I was wondering if you wanted one as well"

"You said it yourself Alec, the law is the law. I am lucky enough to be having a trial next to a Shadowhunter. Plus this is not my first trial, and I know because of my nonexistence in any database I will be told to go first. I have many cards that I can play, no need for an advocate," Brynne shares and not wanting to talk any more of it she says, "You should get going to Magnus'"

Alec softly nods his head, "See you at the trial Ryn"

Exiting Brynne's room the Shadowhunter on guard closes the door behind him. Making his way toward Magnus' apartment Alec knocks on the door and after a few seconds, Magnus opens the door. Seeing that It was Alec at the door Magnus turns to walk back towards the living area of the house and with a sigh asks, "Tired of bickering over the guestlist for your wedding?"

"I need to ask you something" Alec states walking behind Magnus who heads straight for his liquor cart

"Hmm. Will it take long? I have a life to live, and there's not much for us to talk about" Magnus says picking up a martini cup ready to make a drink for him and his guest

"It's not about me, or... any of that. This is about my sister" Alec announces with his hands behind his back as he looks across the room at Magnus who had his back to him

"Oh, I see. Are you referring to the fact that your adorable fiancée has Isabelle and Ryn on trial for treason?" Magnus asks picking up his drink and turns to sit on the bright blue sofa chair and with a sigh looks up at the Shadowhunter, "What can I do for you, Alec?"

 Are you referring to the fact that your adorable fiancée has Isabelle and Ryn on trial for treason?" Magnus asks picking up his drink and turns to sit on the bright blue sofa chair and with a sigh looks up at the Shadowhunter, "What can I do for ...