◇◇ FIVE

𝕤𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕠𝕟: 𝕥𝕨𝕠

𝕖𝕡𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕕𝕖: 𝕗𝕚𝕧𝕖

ʙʀʏɴɴᴇ [ʙ-ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ] / ʀʏɴ [ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ: ʀ-ɪʜ-ɴ ᴏʀ ʀᴇɪɢɴ]

While Brynne believed that traveling was the best thing but when she returned back to New York she had missed so much. A demon had infiltrated the Institute, it got past the wards and Isabelle's necklace. The demon was different than others, it was able to take a host of people making them kill someone, and then jump to another person. 

It did such a good job at staying off people's radar that Alec had killed Jocelyn while possessed by the demon and after was found without memory of the events by Clary. The good news was that the demon, in the end, was able to be killed by Clary while it possessed Isabelle.

Clary was grieving so much that she sought Brynne for help. It's what lead Clary and Simon to be standing in the warlock's living room waiting for her to return and when she did return Brynne was carrying four bags filled with fresh fruits and vegetables.

Clary asked Brynne if she could bring Jocelyn back with magic, at the question Brynne almost let the bags in her hands fall to the ground. Brynne opens and closes her mouth before walking away to the kitchen to leave the bags on the counter. Brynne storms into the living room looking at Clary with wide eyes, "Absolutely not!"

"Is it possible? Ryn, tell me, can it be done? Yes or no?" Clary pleads for an answer

Brynne couldn't help but sigh knowing Clary needed the truth, "There are warlocks who have done that sort of thing, but what you're talking about is dark, dark magic. It's wildly unpredictable"

"Have you ever done it before?" Simon asks making Brynne look at him offended

"No! So don't encourage this!" Brynne exclaims pointing a finger at Simon before turning to their redhead friend, "Fray... I am truly sorry. I know how important your mom was to you"

"She was my mom," Clary states before playing a different card, "If you were me, if we were talking about your mom–"

"No," Brynne strongly states before bringing up her past, "I wouldn't bring her back because I was the one who killed her"

Both Simon and Clary were shocked at their best friend's truth, "Wha- I-I don't understand"

"Your village, t-that was real?" Simon asks making Brynne turn over to sadly smile at him

"You were listening." Brynne sighs turning around to look away from her friends not wanting to see their faces when she tells them the truth, so instead, Brynne keeps her focus on decorations adorning one of the apartment walls