C h a p t e r ♪ 13

c h a p t e r  1 3

e u p h o r i a

°°°

"Is it just me or you seemed different" granny said while we were both eating dinner.

"Me I didn't even do anything?" I said.

"Well you're glowing, did something fun happened THEESE past few days?" Granny asked.

"Well I've been hanging out a lot with Hyunjin lately" I simply said.

"Maybe Hyunjin's the reason why you're glowing right now" to be honest he really is, I've been eating a lot now thanks to him, he's watching after me and will force to to eat if he didn't saw me eating.

"Maybe, he's the cause of my euphoria right now" I said and quickly head upstairs.

°°°

"So Hyunjin did you experience winter already?" I said while taking a step after another,we're actually hiking right now they said the view at the top will be great so why not experience it.

"Well to be honest no because I have no one to experience with" I suddenly felt bad that i asked him such a personal question.

"oh sorry"

"No it's, it's always been just me, I have other families but I don't contact them anymore, my parents died because of a crash so I learned to be independent" Whoa he's been living alone all this time, plus both his parents died, I wonder what did he got through all that, and I envy him because he can easily tell other people his problems.

"Well, how did you got through all of that?"

"I just accepted it, god has plans for everything it was hard at first but I learned to overcome it" Hyunjin.

"I envy you because you can easily tell other people your problems"

"Well you're not just anyone Harmie, you're someone very special to me plus you're my first friend" He said.

°°°

"Finally we're heeere" I shouted.

"Wait I thought you said, to not shout" Hyunjin said following behind me huffing for air.

"Well this is an appropriate place to shout" I said.

"They said this place is the best place to cuddle so what do you say?" and I automatically laughed.

"Shut up with you and your nonsense Hyunjin" I said still laughing.

"You're so cold, atleast warm up to me" Oh wow and now he saying that I'm cold, am I?

"Whatever" I  said and I could feel him trying to hug me.

"Yah, what's this?" I said slightly slapped his hands referring to him hugging me tightly

"It can relieve stress don't you know, they said hugging can relieve stress it boost your heart health plus it makes you happy" he said.

"Did you just made that up to have a reason to hug me?" I said while burying my head in the crook of his neck.

"Well I don't need a reason because you seem to enjoy it though" He said and hugged me tightly.

I felt something buzzing in my pocket and heard my phone ringing I already know that it's my mom since she's the only one in my contacts list.

"Hello mom, yeah I'm outside, literally outside the house, plus I made a new friend, he's a neighbour here"

"Hey my mom wants to talk to you" I said I immediately give the phone to Hyunjin.

"Huh, what--" He didn't even had the chance to say no because I could sense that he already took the phone form my hands.

"Umm Hello Mrs. Kim, This is Hyunjin speaking" he turned on the loudspeaker so I could also hear their conversation.

"Oh Hyunjin thanks you're the first person to make her come out of the house, I heard from her grandma that she seems happy all the time I just want to say thank you"

"No problem Mrs. Kim, I didn't really do much, it's really not a problem"

"I was probably distracting your moment ill call later and Hyunjin take care of her please"

"I will Mrs. Kim don't worry."

"Harmie of you don't mind me asking, what did your mom meant by I'm the one to get you out of the house?" Hyunjin asked maybe it is the right te to tell him everything since I could tell he really cares for me plus he's the only one I've been talking to, the whole summer.

"Aren't you gonna ask on why did I lost my eyesight?" I replied.

"Yeah about that to, how did you lose your vision?"

"Well you see my dad died a couple months ago and it really had a huge impact on me since I'm closer to him than my mom, he was the one who introduced music to me, remember YELLOW? That was our favorite song to sing to, and all of that vanished going to school seemed meaningless to me because of the bullying but the one thing I was holding onto to was a person I didn't know, he sends me letters every and reading it was the thing I would look forward to.

But then he to dissappeared, and then one day while I was walking to school I felt dizzy and when I woke up I couldn't see anything anymore the doctors said its because of stress who knew stress could make me blind I hated music because it only reminds me of my dad, I tried to shut anyone around me and then you came."

°°°