C h a p t e r ♪ 15

c h a p t e r 1 5

y o u

°°°

"You know if my admirers saw me eating ramen like this, they probably would run away automatically." I said and heard Hyunjin snort.

"Whoooa you seem  different today, well I don't blame them I would be your admirer if I were them." He said.

"But back in Seoul there were so many girls that would die to date me, and then I said STOP RIGHT THERE THIS HOTTIE IS ALREADY TAKEN." I don't know where he's going with this joke, I'm just here listening to every words he says.

"Taken by who?" I questioned immediately.

"By you" when he said those words I stopped eating my ramen and just froze before forming a wide smile on my face, I don't care what his reaction is gonna be, but I can't help it.

°°°

We were on our way back when Hyunjin shouted "Yah, yah look shooting star make a wish" He said. This seems clichéd yet sweet at the same time, but I don't really believe in childish stuff like this, I believe once but my wish didn't come true so why waste your time on things like this.

"You'll just dissapoint yourself if you're wish won't come true so why bother" I bitterly said, remembering all the times I tried to wish things would go back to normal but it didn't work.

"How can your wish come true if you won't try it, come on close your eyes" he still seems energetic after the long day we spent, not surprised though, no use closing my eyes since I can't see anyways.

I gently closed my eyes, put both of my hands together, I WISH I CAN SEE AGAIN, i simply said.

After I opened my, yeah still the same told you it won't work.

"Come let's go home" Hyunjin said and interlocked his fingers with him and started running in an average pace, I could feel the wind gusting through my hair, this feels nice.

I was surprised because he stopped and I  bummed to his back that seemed like rock solid, does he eat iron for breakfast?

"Why'd you stopped?" I asked.

"There's a singing contest look--I mean I'll just explain it to you, there's a singing contest happening here 2 weeks from now, it could be solo or in a group and the prize is gonna be big" singing? Infront of every one?

"Yah, can't you see I'm blind?" I quickly pulled out a reason that I didn't think through it well before saying it to Hyunjin.

"So what? Your voice is still there right? I thought we've been through this, I'll be your eyes Harmie, plus we'll both sing on stage so you won't have to worry on being alone, I got you" I felt his hands gripped tighten and him stroking my hair

"But-- Hyunjin, its been so long since I last sang on stage, I don't think I can pull it off right away. " I said.

"Remember in your porch where we sang YELLOW? I didn't know I could do that Harmie you brought out the potencial in me, you showed me things were possible if you believe in yourself." He said, grabbing both of my hands in front of me, trying his best to persuade me in joining.

" Fine, but we have to practice I don't want to embarrass myself on stage" I let out a big sigh.

After that Hyunjin took me home, and didn't let go of my even even a second.

"Thank you for today it was really fun, I can't wait for tomorrow" Hyunjin said, yeah since I came back from the hospital everyday I always spend my time hanging out with him after we made up, I didn't really imagined to be friends with him in the first place but here I am now.

"Yeah bye-- I was about to reach for the door handle but I felt Hyunjin's hands stopped me and that's what caused me to turn around facing his direction

"Wait, I forgot one thing to say" He held both of my shoulders tightly, and sighed before deciding to escape words that I think he's been keeping since this morning.

"you forgot? What? about practice?--

" I love you "

after he clearly let out those words he ran faster than the wind and I could hear the loud bang coming from his front door, I was just there standing, I didn't know what how should I react to it but I could already tell that I'm red right now.

My heart, I felt like it was about to explode, those words it felt different when my parents say it, almost like  it's normal for me to hear them saying it, but with Hyunjin it was just a swift I LOVE YOU and now driving me crazy, I'm already worried on how am I going to sleep tonight.

A smile formed on my face while opening our front door and suddenly I heard a familiar voice it was my mom's actually, I was surprised and confused at the same time I thought she had shift  today what is she doing here?

"Sweetie, How have been, you seem to be relaxing" I was about to follow my mom's voice wanting to hug her because it's been a long time, but she was the one who up and went to me.

"Mom what are you doing here? I thought you had work today?" I said confused, yes I'm happy that my mom is here but something seems off, I can't just brush the feeling out.

"No reason I just want to spend some time with you tonight since I miss  you so much-- In the middle of the sentence her voice cracked and felt like she was crying, and I was right she was just there crying hugging me tightly.

"Mom why are you crying?" I gently patted her back.

She let out a few sniffles before clearing her throat to answer my question.

"Your doctor called me, there's a possibility that your vision can't come back."

I was just there standing feeling emotionless, all I could think about was Hyunjin atleast before my eyesight will permanently disappear I wish I could see him just a couple seconds, thay would be soo much for me already.

°°°