Sick

Harry woke up with Louis snoring lightly in his ear, as Louis was sleeping behind him, with his arm wrapped tightly around Harry's waist.

Harry carefully turned around in Louis' grip, careful not to wake him. Harry saw some sweat dripping slightly from Louis' forehead. Harry also noticed that Louis' cheeks were red, a deep dark rose red, a shade of red he had only recognised from a time when Louis was sick. Harry brought his hand up to Louis' forehead, slowly placing it on, checking if Louis might've had a fever. Louis' forehead was very warm, and Harry was sure that he had a pretty high fever.

Louis stirred in his sleep and soon enough he woke up, breathing heavily. The first he did was to sniffle, feeling his nose being stuffy. Louis turned his head to Harry, who was watching him with a concerned look. "G'morning." Louis' tired raspy voice said. He then let out a slight cough. "Babe, I think you're sick. I'm pretty sure you have a high fever. Your cheeks are very red, and your forehead his burning." Harry said, concern filling his voice as he sat up.

Louis reached his hand up to feel his forehead, feeling it burn. He grumbled something that Harry didn't quite catch.

Louis got slowly out of bed and went over to the bathroom to get the thermometer. He stuck it in his ear and waited for the beep. After hearing the beep, he checked it. 39.3. The thermometer said. "Fuck." Louis whispered.

He turned to walk out of the bathroom, but was stopped when he saw Harry leaning against the doorframe. "How high is it?" Harry asked and took a step closer to Louis.

Louis let out a tired, complaining sigh. "39.3" Louis answered, his voice was low, so low that Harry almost couldn't hear it. "Aww babe, you should go lie down. I'll bring you some soup." Harry said softly and pressed a 'get better' kiss on Louis forehead. Louis looked up at him with a small little smile on his face. He didn't have to say anything for Harry to understand what he was thinking. "No need to thank me darling." Harry smiled.

Harry grabbed Louis' hand and led him to their bed, where Louis got under the sheets as Harry headed downstairs to make him some soup.

Not long after, Harry walked through their bedroom door with a steaming bowl of soup. Louis looked at him with tired eyes. "Thank you." He said, his voice raspy and tired.

Harry slid under the covers next to Louis. Louis looked at him with his brows furrowed. "Won't you get sick?" Louis asked after he swallowed a spoonful of soup.

"Don't worry darling. Just eat your food."

•••
Happy (late) new year! Hope you're all staying safe. Hope you liked the chapter.

Stream Zayn's new album'Nobody is listening'

-Erle <3