Chapter 6

We got home safe. While Brooke was in the shower (she'd been in there for nearly an hour now), I decided to call Jack.
"Y/N." he answered the phone happily.
"Hi." I said quietly, not at all happy actually.
"Is something wrong?" he asked worried.
"It's Brooke."
"What happened?"
"We were at a party and this idiotic jerk forced himself onto her."
"Wait? Like sexually?" he raised his voice.
"Yeah." I mumbled.
"Does this dickhead have a name?" he said with gritted teeth.
"Ethan Feller."
"Is Brooke there?" he asked.
"She's been in the shower for an hour now." I said and heard Jack mumbling to himself. "Jack, I'm worried. I don't know what to do."
"Can I talk to her?" he asked after a few seconds of silence.
"I'll ask. Hold on." I said and held the phone to my chest. I opened the door into the bathroom and immediately saw her face in the reflection of the mirror. She looked afraid. Her eyes were fixated on the reflection of herself. She wasn't moving. She wasn't talking.
"Brooke?" I said very carefully. I could see how her chest jumped a little, as if she got scared just to hear my voice. "Jack wants to talk to you... Would that be okay?" I asked softly. Her usually not lazy, but now lazy eyes moved from the reflection to me. She started blinking and slowly nodded.
"Okay. I'll put the phone right here on speaker." I said and put the phone on the chair next to the shower. She looked down on the screen and waited for him to talk.
"Brooke?" I heard his voice through the speaker. I slowly sunk down along the cold wall and put my thumbs to my mouth.
"I'm going to tell you a story." He began. "It's about a girl, just a year older than yourself. It was two years ago, making her one year younger than you are now. If that made any sense." He laughed. "Anyways... She got in all kinds of troubles..." I sat there. Listening to him telling Brooke about a girl who'd experienced the same things as she did tonight. She was listening and after a while, she turned the shower off, and put on a robe. She then sank down in the shower, just like I had sunk down against the wall. Then she just sat there, listening. Whenever he made a joke, I could see her smile.
"But what this girl regrets today, is that she blocked everyone out. And now, when she wants the people who was there for her and supported her, they're gone. They left. She says that's the biggest mistake of her life. She says that she should've let people in. So I'm asking you to try and let Y/N help you. And maybe even me. Or your mom and dad. Maybe siblings? Whoever you love. Don't disappear from reality Brooke." He finished. I looked at Brooke. She watched the phone for a while. I looked down at the floor. It didn't work...
But just as that thought passed my mind; I heard her voice.
"Thank you." It was weak and a bit broken; but it was her voice.
"Don't worry about it." Jack said. "Y/N, are you there?" I heard him so I stood up and picked up the phone. I turned off speaker and put the phone to my ear as I left the bathroom.
"You did great." I smiled and sat down on my bed.
"I'm just glad you want me to know about these stuff." He said. "Even though I'd rather wanted to help her face to face."
"You really should come visit." I said.
"Actually, I was going to talk to you about that earlier today but you didn't answer." He said.
"Really?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah. That's why I wanted you to tell Brooke about me. I didn't want to come visit next week without her knowing." He said and I could hear he was smiling.
"Wait what?" I said and quickly sat up straight.
"I fly over on Friday. Please tell me you're okay with that."
"Are you kidding? That'll be amazing Jack, oh my God." I said and felt like my cheeks would explode if I smiled more.
"I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?"
"Okay." I said and we hung up. Was this really happening? Was Jack really flying here?
Shit. Damn it. Damn it. Damn it. My parents.