Chapter 9

I got out of the taxi that had taken me to the airport. My heart was raising more and more for every minute that passed by. I wasn't nervous about meeting him; just happy and excited. What I was nervous about, was how my parents were going to react. I mean, I couldn't keep him here for an entire weekend without telling my parents about him. Keeping him a secret online was one thing. Keeping him a secret in reality on the other hand... It wouldn't be fair to him.
I walked like a dog during agility on the open space at the airport. Men talking on their phones, children talking to their parents and annoyed, stressed out people yelling at the poor barista. I successfully dodged all the rushing families and business people all the way over to the big screen hanging from the ceiling. I looked up at it, trying to find his flight.

Los Angeles (LAX)
Boarding: 8:00am
Gate: 17
Remarks: On-Time

I took a deep breath before turning around. I looked to my left and saw a sign, showing Gate 5-10 and then looked to my right and saw a sign, showing Gate 11-21. I started walking and took a right turn as I got to the signs. Gate 11. Gate 12. Gate 13. Gate 14. Gate 15. Gate 16. I didn't realize how fast I was walking until I reached gate 17. The gate he'd soon come out from. They hadn't started coming out yet, so he was probably waiting for his bags to arrive. A few people were standing around the doors that soon would open. A blonde girl, around her 20's, had a bouquet of flowers in her hands. A couple of twin boys were holding an older woman's hands. I guessed they were waiting for their husband/father/son. As I was watching them, I heard the sound of wheels being dragged on the floor. I looked towards the before closed doors, and saw how they were now opened. A few people, dressed nicely with bags behind them started flooding out. I had to stand on the tips of my toes in order to see over the mass of people but I still couldn't see him. Where was he? I looked towards the wife, old woman and twin brother's and saw how they were all hugging each other along with a tall man. They looked so happy...

As people started to find their family members, and move along to the cafeteria or the parking lot, I started to feel more alone than I did before. He must've missed his flight. He wouldn't purposely miss it though, would he? I felt like falling down on the ground and cry forever, but instead I turned around disappointed, ready to go back to school. I felt how my entire heart was being crushed, but somewhere among all that crushing sound... I heard footsteps in the now very quiet gate. My hopes of it being him built up inside as I turned around to watch the opened doors. I looked at a quite tall, dark haired guy. A guy dressed in a gray hoodie, black jeans and black Vans. A pair of Beats were hanging around his neck. They were connected to a black iPhone, which was in his hand. A black backpack was hanging over his shoulders. I didn't know if I wanted to jump up into his arms or cry of happiness. A cheesy smile spread across his face, as I looked into his eyes. And in that moment, looking into his very real eyes... I knew this wouldn't be easy. It would be the most challenging weekend of my entire life. But I couldn't think of that anymore. Because he was standing literally twenty feet away.
I walked towards him with quick steps. Should I be running right now? The thought crossed my mind, but I didn't want to seem too happy (even though I was). The thing that was so surreal, was the fact that he was actually standing there. He was for real, standing in the same room as me.
I was only a couple of more steps away from him. Steps that he took. We met and it was like we'd known each other forever. You know, there are those hugs which are really awkward because you don't know where to put your arms? This hug was nothing like that. He put his arms around my waist and squeezed carefully and I put my arms around his neck as I stood on the tips of my toes to reach up. He slowly picked me up, making my feet leave the floor. My face was hiding between his shoulder and neck and I could smell a touch of perfume. God that perfume. He put me back down on the ground again and put his hands on my cheeks. He tilted my head to the point where I was looking him in the eyes.
"Please tell me this is actually real." I whispered.
"This is very much real." He whispered and pulled me back to his chest.
"You're really here." I said while breathing out softly into his hoodie.
"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He said and I could tell by the way he said it, he had a smile on his face. I looked back up at him and in that moment; I knew I was about to kiss him for the first time. And sure as hell we did. If he was the best hugger in the world, then he must've been the best kisser in all of history, because nothing could compare to that.