Chapter 12

I told mom and dad about me and Jack. That we'd been in a relationship for a few weeks, which was true because we started off as just friends. I think I pretty much told them everything and they didn't seem too negative about it.
Mom and Jack had been talking about some old artist quite a lot, and I know she appreciated that because I never knew who she was talking about. I could tell by the way she smiled when she hugged him goodbye; that she approved of him. Mom had called him a cab, because we came to the conclusion that it would be best if he slept at a hotel for these couple of nights he'd be here.
It had stopped raining as I was standing outside with him, waiting for his cab to arrive.
"That wasn't too bad, now was it?" he asked and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me in closer to his body.
"I'll admit, they took it better than I expected." I said and smiled up at him. He looked down at me and gently removed a strand of hair that was hanging down over my eyes.
"I had fun today." He said quietly and let our fingers intertwine.
"Me too." I said. I could look into his eyes forever. His face came closer and sooner than I could think, his lips were an inch away from my face. I moved the last inch and our lips collided softly. During our moment, I could heard a car hoot. I started laughing when I realized it was the cab, so did he.
"I love you Y/N." he said and looked deep into my eyes. "Nothing will ever change that." His words made me feel special.
"I love you too." I said and let go of his hand as his body moved away from me.
"I'll see you in the morning." He said and opened the door to the cab.
"Alright." I smiled and waited for him to get into the passenger seat. "Bye." I said, even though he couldn't hear me.

I walked back inside, not really knowing what reaction's I'd meet. Of course, mom was the first one to react in any way.
"That was such a lovely boy." She said as soon as I stepped back inside.
"I know." I smiled.
"But he's from LA, Y/N." dad spoke.
"I know." I said, and the smile faded away.
"And he was older." Dad said.
"I know, dad..."I sighed.
"And there was something about him that didn't feel right." He said and kept finding negative things about my relationship with Jack.
"Dad please. Can you not be happy for me just this once?" I sighed, disappointed because I thought he actually like Jack.
"Well, I at least thought he seemed like a great young man." Mom said. "And I think it's good for you to get out of the house for a change." I smiled at her as a thank you for being nice.
"Getting out to what? An older guy from LA, who for all we know could be a serial killer?" dad said and I knew he was just being overprotective.
"Well there's always that possibility with you, isn't it?" mom said and rolled her eyes.
"You saw what happened to poor Brooke, right? I'm just looking out for my little girl."
"Dad... I appreciate it, but Jack isn't Ethan." I said, a bit annoyed at the fact that he brought up Brooke. I'd rather want him to leave her out of this.
"Just promise me you'll be careful with that boy." Dad said and put a hand on my shoulder.
"I promise, okay dad?" I said and walked up to my room.