Chapter 2

When I got home that day, I ran straight up to my room. I pulled out my phone from my bag and looked at the screen. I smiled at it when I saw his name.

Six new messages from Jack.

I lay down on my bed, and unlocked my phone.

I'm out of school.

The guys are coming over later tonight, but I want to talk to you.

I miss you babe

UGH GET OUT OF SCHOOL ALREADY.

I hate time difference so fucking bad.

Call me.

I laughed at the messages, and felt some kind of warmth inside. I liked how nice and cute he was to me, even though I knew he wasn't like that to everyone else. I liked feeling special, I guess.
I dialed his number, and heard the beeps one after the other. On the third beep, he answered.
"Y/N." he said and I could hear that he was smiling.
"Jack." I smiled and looked up into my ceiling.
"How was your day?" he asked.
"Long. Exhausting." I sighed.
"See, these are the times we should be together." He laughed.
"Hate to break it to you; but we can't." I said disappointed. "And besides, all we would do if we were together would be to sleep." I laughed.
"Hey, there's nothing wrong with sleeping." He said with his deep voice. I giggled a little to his statement and then listened to him say;
"Have you told Brooke yet?"

Here's the thing about Jack. He'd already told everyone about me. Well, his friends and his mom (who by the way, I'd talk to on the phone and she's like the nicest woman on this earth. Jack must've gotten his bad boy side from his dad. But I could definitely see where he's gotten his nice side from.) And here's the thing about me. If I were to tell my family about Jack; I'd get killed. Like brutally mass murdered. That's why I have to tell Brooke about him. Because if I keep the thought of him inside for too long; I will end up exploding.
"Not yet." I said quietly. I heard him sighing from the other end.
"I want you to tell people, but to be honest; being your secret is pretty hot." He said.
"It is isn't it?" I laughed but then got back to being serious. "But I have to tell Brooke. She's my best friend. She deserves to know the truth." I told him and looked at the cracks in the ceiling.
"Hey," I heard his voice on the other end, but he wasn't talking to me. "Listen, Y/N, I've gotta go. The guys are here. But when I call you tomorrow, you better have told Brooke about me." He said and I smiled.
"I promise." I said.
"No empty promises." He said, like he always did after I said I promised something.
"No empty promises." I repeated, like I always did.
I went to bed that night, but I didn't fall asleep. All I could think about was how I was going to tell Brooke about Jack. I thought about the possible responses I could get from her. And I came to the conclusion that she would either hate the thought of him and me; or she'd want to know everything about us. There would be no in-between.