Chapter 24

Jack took the next 4 days off from school. The first couple of hours after his reveal about Madison, things weren't the same. But it slowly got back to normal.
It's a Friday, 8pm. Jack had to go to school and pick up some books because he had a big test next week. It was dark outside and I was waiting in his car for him. I was on my phone, scrolling through Twitter. It was quite weird seeing all of my classmates and friends post photos and tweets about their lives, when I usually was there with them, doing the same. I heard a knock on the window and expected it to be Jack, so I smiled a big cheesy smile at him. Only thing, that smile of joy and pure happiness, was quickly brought down. A cloud of fear and panic moved over me when I saw my father outside of the car. Rain was pouring down over him and never had I ever been so afraid of my own dad. I took a deep, challenging breath before carefully opening the locked door and stepping outside.
"Dad..." I begged. Begged for forgiveness.
"Get in the car." He said emotionless, but I could see that he was really angry and upset with me.
"Please," I said as I walked over to the police car he'd gotten here with.
"We'll talk later. Get in the car." He repeated.
"No." I said. He wouldn't get to tell me what to do and what not to do.
"Y/N, I'm not telling you again. Get in the fucking car." He said and pointed angrily towards it.
"No. I'm won't. I'm not leaving." I said and put my arms in a cross over my chest, which apparently was enough for my dad to get really violent. He grabbed my arm with a hard grip.
"For Christ's sake, get in the car." He said and pushed me towards it.
"Ouch, dad, you're hurting me!" I could feel the grip around my arm tightening more and more for each step and the pain was killing me.
"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice which caused my father to turn around. He was knocked to the ground the second he did. Jack held his fist in pain. Music from the car was still playing and I watched my dad get up from his place on the ground.
"Well, well. Look who it is." he said and wobbled over to Jack who leaned his head back as he did.
"Mr. Y/L/N, have you been drinking?" Jack said without making eye contact with my father.
"As a matter of fact, I have." He said and laughed a drunk laugh. Jack clenched his jaw and watched my dad wobble off behind him.
"Jack, Jack, Jack." He slurred. "Kidnaping my beautiful little girl to Omaha... Didn't I warn you?" Jack stared down at the ground and when he looked up at my father, he was met by a fist.
"Dad!" I screamed and ran up to Jack, who was holding his fingers over a cut my dad had just given him.
"Y/N, get in the car. Now." Jack said and looked into my eyes. It hurt me, because those wonderful eyes were going through such pain right now because of me.
"Listen to your precious little boyfriend, darling." My father said and emphasized precious. I backed away and watched them continue. Because I couldn't do anything. I couldn't stop them. And I just stood there, watching my boyfriend getting beat up by my dad. Because I. Couldn't. Move. I just couldn't. He was taking several hits to the face before falling to the ground. Once on the ground, my father started kicking and spitting on him.
"Dad, please!" I screamed.
"Stop!"
"You're hurting him!"
"Dad!"
"Stop!"
I was screaming till there was nothing left of me. I was screaming but that didn't help, because my boyfriend was lying on the ground. Bruised and broken. Blood coming out from his wounds. The wounds he'd gotten because of me. With tear-filled eyes and cheeks, I looked at my boyfriend and his bruised eyes. And as he was met by drunken kicks, his mouth whispered "I love you."
And then his eyes shut. His eyes weren't visible anymore. Just the bruises around them.
"Dad!" I screamed and ran up to my defeated boyfriend. "How could you!?" I screamed once again with tears in my eyes, voice barely keeping up with me. I fell to the ground and put his head in my lap. My fingers ended up braided into his hair.
"Stay with me!" I said with a calmer voice. "Stay with me babe. Don't you dare leave me." I said, in shock of everything that had just happened. When I realized he was knocked out, I leaned down to his peaceful face and tears dripped down on his bloody cheekbones.
"I'm so sorry." I whispered between the sobs. "I'm so sorry, Jack." I repeated and hugged his head gently. "I'm so sorry." And those were the only words I could say at this moment. I zoned out everything around. I kept him close to me so my father wouldn't hurt him again. I kept him close to me so I couldn't back away once again. I heard sirens from far. They got closer and closer by the second.
"I'm sorry." Left my mouth again. Blurry visions of paramedics is what I remember after that. The sight of him being carried into an ambulance and me being told to stay calm while receiving a blanket. My eyes stayed on him at all times. When they connected him to IV and blood bags. When the doors of the ambulance was closed and it drove off. My eyes never lost sight of him. Please be okay. Please be okay. Please be okay.