Chapter 19

"Ladies and gentlemen. Your captain is ready to land, please fasten your seatbelts and put your hand baggage under the seat in front of you. Thank you for flying with us this lovely afternoon and I wish the best of good lucks for the rest of your stay here in Omaha, Nebraska." The young woman's voice had woken me up from my sleep. I drowsily looked around and found Jack looking at me with a cute little smile on his lips.
"Welcome to Nebraska." he whispered and removed a strand of my hair from my face. I smiled and giggled at the way he tried to put my baby hair behind my ear, which wasn't even near possible.

After getting out of the plane, we went to find a cab since we didn't have any bags with us other than Jack's backpack. We'd decided that it would be for the best if I stayed at Jack's house or else my dad would see my name in the booking of a hotel room and we didn't want to risk anything.
"I'm so tired." I yawned as we sat in the cab, on our way home to Jack.
"You literally just slept for three hours, how can you be tired?" Jack chuckled and put his arm around my neck and pulled me closer to him. I leaned my head on his shoulder, just like I had during our flight here.
"It's just the way I work." I laughed and looked out on the road in front of us.
"I'm just gonna call my mom and tell her we're coming." Jack said and started fishing for his phone.
"Wait." I said and quickly sat up from my place on his shoulder. "She doesn't know we're coming?" I asked shocked and got nervous. What if she didn't want me to come?
"Don't worry about it." Jack said with a smile as he put the phone to his ear. I waited impatiently for him to finish the call.
"Hey it's Jack."
"Actually we're in a cab on our way home."
"Yeah, it's a long story. We'll tell you all about it though."
"She is."
"Yeah.
"Okay.
"Alright.
"Yeah, see you soon."
And that was it.
"What did she say?" I asked and looked at him shyly.
"What do you think? She's so excited to meet you." He replied which made me feel more comfortable again.
"Thank God." I sighed relieved.
"Told you there was nothing to worry about." He smiled and that smile made my heart melt in the middle of all this madness.
About twenty minutes later, the cab pulled up next to a quite big, friendly house. It wasn't exactly the kind of house I pictured Jack of all people to live in.
"Holy..." I whispered with wide opened, shocked eyes.
"What?" he chuckled at me, as the cab drove away behind us.
"Your house is like a freakin hotel." I said and looked at him with my jaw dropped. He laughed at me, and took my hand.
"Come on." He smiled with his perfectly lined up teeth and pulled me with him. He opened the door and stepped inside. The inside shocked me to be honest. I thought it would resemble the outside more, but it was actually quite comfy. It was modern, but in an old-fashioned way.
"Jack?" we heard a voice from the living room which made me want to turn back around and walk out the door. Was I really ready for this? Meeting his family? Just as I was about to run away, Jack squeezed my hand which made me feel safe.
"Is that you?" we heard the voice again, this time closer. Suddenly, a face popped up from behind the wall which separated the hallway from the living room.
"Hey mom." Jack said, with an adorable voice. His mom walked up to him and gave him a big hug.
"Okay, that's enough mom." He laughed, and let go of her. She let her eyes move from Jack to me.
"Hi." I said with a smile on my face.
"It's so good to finally meet you, Y/N." she said and gave me a really warm hug. It hurts. Feeling more at home in an unfamiliar house than in your own, hurts.