.6.

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

"If you feel like running, you should wear a different kind of shoes. Not that your so-called tennis shoes would help you anyway. Hell, you don't even play Tennis," Massimo hummed, stepping closer to Samuel. "Sometimes fighting is futile, you have to accept the situation.  The faster, the better for you. You can either make it hard for both of us for the next year or take part in an adventure that fate has given you," he said, being granted a scoff from Samuel.

"It wasn't fate; it was you. You probably bought her offer," Samuel corrected.

"It was fate that day you saved my life on the beach, brings us to where we are now. Sometimes, you have to make your own luck," Massimo said, watching as Samuel stepped closer to him.

"Is it true what you said earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

"That you won't touch me without my permission," Samuel said, rather than asking.

"I'm not the monster you think I am, even if. . . I am a vampire," Massimo let out a small chuckle.

"I want my cell phone and laptop. Now. And something normal for dinner, like Manhatten clam chowder and cheesecake."

"Fucking Americans," Massimo sighed and offered his hand for Samuel to take.

./.Castle./.

Samuel stepped out of the shower, looking down at the clothes laid across his bed from his shopping spree. He chose to wear the black leather underwear he decided that Massimo would buy for him, underneath a white buttoned-up shirt, undoing the first two buttons so that it was somewhat revealing. The rest of the outfit was black, no tie, as he decided to leave his jacket open while slipping on the expensive watch he had picked out.

He walked into the bathroom after getting dressed, searching through his bag for some skincare cream that he usually applied on himself nightly before bed, and after he woke up in the morning. Thanks to the ingredients of the cream, Samuel never had acne during his teenage years, but that was also thanked by pretty good genes.

He was a decent looking college guy, in his own opinion, not thinking too highly of himself. But to Massimo, he was a perfect little angel that dragged him from the fiery pits of Hell.

He left his room to go outside, in search of Massimo who he was supposed to meet for dinner. Samuel made his way back to the table he had enjoyed the heavy breakfast that morning, a small smile on his face as Massimo stared at him. Massimo watched Samuel sit down in the seat placed directly across from him.

"You look-"

"I'm starving," Samuel said, a smile on his face while Massimo looked at him, very amused before clinking his knife on the wine glass in front of him.

Soon, a butler appeared with a bowl of Manhatten clam chowder, specifically made for Samuel. Samuel smiled at the butler who backed away, waiting to be criticized on the dish he had just served. He picked up the silver spoon, scooped up a small spoonful, and placed it into his mouth.

"How is it?" Massimo asked, not seeing a reaction on Samuel's face.

"Born and bred Manhattaners makes better," Samuel said, watching Massimo send a glare in the direction of the butler. "But I can give him a couple of lessons, you don't have to kill anyone."

Massimo waved off the butler, who scurried off, not wanting to be in the presence of the vampire master any longer.

"So, what do you actually do? For like, a living?" Samuel asked, noticing Massimo shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"I do. . . business. And King of the Vampires of Italy. They say the Vampires of Italy are the eldest in all the worlds, going back to a story of love between mortals and Gods," Massimo said, before pulling out his phone to see a message from his ex-girlfriend, rolling his eyes as he shoved it back in his pocket.

"Massimo, I'm serious. You want me to accept a year-long declaration, I have rights to know what's waiting for me."

"And you will," Massimo said as he sat up straight in his seat. "I have quite a number of companies, hotels, clubs, restaurants. It's like a corporation," he tried to explain, while Samuel smiled at him, trying not to laugh. "And I'm the CEO. The whole is a part of a bigger operation, but the details are useless. . . and very dangerous," Massimo continued, as Samuel looked down to keep himself from laughing at the horrible explanation he was receiving. "I was chosen to be the head of the family after my father's death. It was not exactly what I wished for. I had no choice," he sighed. "To help smooth things out, I met Ambrogio, the eldest vampire in the world, a God. He knew I was searching for you, so he granted me the ability to search. For love."

Samuel sighed softly and took a sip of the glass of white wine that sat on the table in front of him.

"Sounds like me, I would never come to Sicily. Much rather prefer Florence or Rome," he said, his smile gone, now replaced with an irritated expression as he looked up at Massimo.

"You'll change your mind, you just have to. . . help me a little."

"Help?" Samuel asked, confused, only receiving silence in response.

Massimo stood from his chair, walking towards the other end of the table. His hand trailed around the top of Samuel's chair as he walked around it. Samuel's breath hitched at the feeling of Massimo's breath kissing his ear and neck.

"I'd like to show me how to be gentle, for your fragile, mortal body," he whispered in Samuel's ear, sending chills throughout his entire body.