.18. (Final Chapter)

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

Samuel and Massimo were headed out to sea yet again with the crew. Massimo was looking over the sea of the railing where Samuel had fallen off those few short weeks ago. Samuel decided to join his future husband, rubbing his unclothed back in the warmth of the springtime. He smiled to himself as it gave off a false sense of warmth, wrapping his small arms around his waist as they looked out to sea together.

Massimo turned around, gripping the side of Samuel's neck gently, pressing his cold and firm lips against Samuel's soft, warm ones, making Samuel laugh as Massimo had a bit more facial hair than Samuel had been used to when they kissed.

Massimo pulled Samuel in front of him, holding him while they looked out to sea again. He kissed the top of Samuel's hair as they watched the islands that surrounded them.

"You know, I only did my hair like this because you left me alone in Manhatten and I thought I was gonna be some part of a sacrifice ritual."

"I know, and I'm sorry. The Gods have found another way for Silas' return. The age-old love story, finally brought back together as one. Some Gods might be furious, but I guess they can just go fuck themselves."

./.Castle./.

Back home in Sicily at Massimo's castle, Samuel walks over to the outside table by the pool to join Massimo and Mario, turning Massimo's face after wrapping his arms around his neck to kiss him on this rather much warmer day of spring.

"Good morning," Samuel said in Italian, which he was learning.

"Good morning," Massimo replied, smiling and Samuel decides to take the free seat next to Massimo. "Sorry we didn't wait for you, but I have to travel to Palermo."

"It's okay. I'm not hungry yet," Samuel replied, honestly, and glanced over at Mario, and looked back at Massimo. "I'm just. . . not feeling well."

"What's going on?" Massimo asked, concerned.

"I'm not sure."

"Domenico will take you to the doctor."

"Baby. . . you said that. . . nobody from America can come to our wedding. Even my parents," Samuel said, smiling innocently at him.

"You said it yourself that you don't want them to know what I do. They said they were okay with respecting the tradition and were fine with receiving a video of the wedding and that we'd make it up to them on a vacation getaway to someplace of their choice."

"Yes. I said all those things. But I would love to have my best friend to be next to me. Filip knows everything about you, even about the vampire part. He's honestly cool with it. I need him," he says and Massimo sighs.

"All right. He can be your best man. I have to go now," Massimo said, standing up with his jacket in his hand and pressed his lips against Samuel's. "Ciao, Mario."

"Come back soon," Samuel said as Massimo walked off and looked at Mario, who sighed. "I think you don't like me, Mario."

"That's not true," Mario defended.

"The first time we met, you held a gun in my face. I'm not blind."

"It's nothing personal. I don't like this situation. You have gotten off easy with the Gods about your body used for Silas, but you have caused some commotion. . . in our family. You may look like Silas, but that doesn't guarantee you the same protection Ambrogio has to offer you," he says as Samuel smiles, standing up. "I will. . . arrange your friend's arrival," he said, smiling back and walks past him.