.17.

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

It was the next morning when Samuel woke up, smiling up at Massimo. Tonight would be the third night of the blood moon, the final night that Silas would be able to return until the next one. Before Massimo and Samuel fell asleep, Massimo told him that there was someone in Florida, someone who didn't know who or what he was, who had psychic abilities and some sort of ties to an ancient book that was in Greece at the time of the creation of vampires by Apollo's jealousy. The blood of this boy would have the power to bring Silas back to life, but the way was uncertain, for it had not been seen, just a sense of knowing that it would.

"Will you marry me?" Massimo asked and Samuel lifted his head a little bit where his chin was resting on Massimo's lightly hairy chest.

They smiled at each other further and Samuel looked down at the turquoise encrusted silver ring that was on his left ring finger. Massimo had placed it upon Samuel's finger as he was asleep.

"Fuck," Samuel replied.

"Is that a yes?" Massimo asked and looked back up at Massimo, and the two smiled at each other.

"Yes."

./.Shops of Manhatten./.

The couple was walking along the streets of Manhatten when they stopped by a graffiti symbol of large angel wings. Samuel smiled and offered his hand for Massimo to take, who sighed reluctantly before letting Samuel drag him over to get a picture on his phone with the wings, before entering the men's clothing store.

Samuel tried on a few dozen different outfits for Massimo's opinion. Massimo agreed with some of them, but not as many as Samuel had tried on. To be a tease, Samuel decided to keep some of the ones he preferred that Massimo wasn't rather fond of.

After Samuel decided to get some shoes, he decided to try on some nightly routine outfits that he was sure would catch the eyes of Massimo, who hadn't taken off his sunglasses; but that didn't mean he wasn't enjoying the show his future vampire husband was giving him. They would live together and build an empire.

The two had finally agreed on an outfit for a friend's wedding that was to be hosted at the hotel that Samuel worked at, after having sex in the changing room, of course. Public sex was one of the fantasies of Massimo's and the idea of being caught was a major turn on, even though he'd never let anyone else see Samuel's naked body.

Massimo paid for the clothes and they left.

./.The Baccarat Hotel./.

The wedding was rather lavish, traditional white roses and a bride with a rather long veil walked down the aisle after getting married while Samuel and Massimo stood back by an archway. Massimo was looking around and Samuel noticed.

"Calm down. It's a New Yorker thing," Samuel told him. "Everything will be fine."

"I am calm," Massimo said and nodded his head towards a woman in a violet dress, waving over at the couple.

"Oh, God. It's her," he said, dramatically.

"Is she a problem?" Massimo asked, concerned.

"Worse, she's my mother," he laughed softly, causing Massimo to roll his eyes at him. "But please do me a favor, and don't tell them exactly what you do."

"What do you want me to say?" he asks and Samuel shakes his head.

"I'm not sure. Improvise," he says as Samuel's mother and father come to join them.

"Oh, Sammy! You look great as a full-on blonde. You get that from me, of course!" Samuel's mother exclaims, side hugging her son. "You look so pale, though. Are you all right?"

"Mom. . ." he says and hugs his Dad as Sabrina and Massimo introduce themselves to each other.

"Nice to meet you, Arthur Davenport," Samuel's father says, shaking Massimo's hand.

"My pleasure. Massimo."

"So, who is he? What does he do?"

"I'm a vampire," Massimo says, grinning and Samuel looks over at his parents, who laugh, thinking he's a pretty funny guy.

"Really? You will be the first in our family. Well, one of Samuel's cousin is a Phlebotomist," Sabrina smiles at him.

"So, what are your intentions with our son?" Arthur asks and Sabrina playfully points a finger at him.

"Only the evil ones. Making him immortal, living in a castle, vampire type things, you know?" Massimo asks

"We have to talk seriously. You like pizza, beer, and baseball?"

"Yeah. What kind of man doesn't?" he asks and they laugh together like two old friends.

"Arthur. Don't be so rude," Sabrina says as Arthur kisses her cheek and winks at the couple.

They surround the newlywed car to see who would catch the flowers for the next year, and Massimo happens to be the one to catch it. They all clap and laugh for Massimo, who passes it to Samuel, and Samuel shows off the engagement ring.