.11.

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

Samuel sat up with his knees to his chest, trying not to pule as the cold touch from the man still lingered along his skin. He couldn't help but blame himself for the wrongdoings of the man, even with Massimo telling him he couldn't have been aware of the vampire's action while in an attempt to comfort the boy.

"Bloodlust is a dangerous thing, baby boy. It consumes us," Massimo had said.

The sound of yelling emerged throughout the yacht, bringing Samuel out of the deep thought he had gotten himself into, breaking his gaze from the window, and looked around.

"Are you aware of who you have shot, Massimo?" Mario sighed at Massimo, not taking notice of Samuel slowly making his way up to the two. "Do you know what you've done?"

"I couldn't just sit there and watch the life draining from his body," Massimo spat.

"This means war, a war between two very powerful vampire families. Do you not get that?" Mario questioned sternly, looking at Massimo, who he knew could care less at the moment as his mind was only focused on Samuel. "The only thing you can do is to go along with what Ambrogio wants. Give Samuel over to him so that he can bring Silas back. Selene was a myth, as we all know, but Silas was real. The families wouldn't dare touch what belongs to Ambrogio, that shall be your forgiveness. And get rid of this god-damn boat while you're at it."

"Hey! Watch your fucking mouth!" Massimo growled, gripping Mario's shoulders harshly as he stood up. "I don't care what Ambrogio wants. Samuel is mine."

"I'm sorry," Samuel spoke up, causing Massimo and Mario to look in his direction.

"You're sorry?" Massimo asked, anger in his voice that wasn't intentionally targeted towards the boy.

"I'm sorry. I-I-I didn't think. . ." Samuel stuttered, looking away from Massimo, who stepped closer to him.

"Yeah, of course you didn't think."

"What happened? Did you kill him?" he asked, gazing up at Massimo.

"Nothing happened," he dismissed the question, holding Samuel's gaze.

"You killed him?" Samuel asked again.

"I shot his hands," Massimo snapped. "And I wouldn't have had to do it if you didn't dress like a little slut and put on your fucking show and dinner for a club full of vampires."

"Oh, so it's my fault that your friend tried to rape me? That's my fucking fault?" Samuel asked, raising his voice as he thought back to when they drove back to the hotel.

Massimo had been confronting him the entire time, cooing in his ear and telling him that it was indeed not his fault. It was the bloodlust. He didn't understand how he had just changed his thoughts.

"Fuck off," Samuel spat, his eyes burning as he took once last look up at Massimo before turning on his heel, and storming off.

Massimo pulled at his hair he watched the boy walk away from him. He felt guilty that he had even implied that it was Samuel's fault. He glared at Mario, who stayed silent before taking off after Samuel, leaving the older man standing there.

"Samuel," Massimo called after him, trying to reach for the boy who ignored his calls. "Where are you going?

"Fuck off," Samuel mumbled, continuing to walk towards the railing on the boat in an attempt to get away from Massimo. "Get off me!" he yelled, pulling his arm away from Massimo's hold.

"No, where are you going?" Massimo asked again, as Samuel walked away from him.

Samuel stumbled backward as Massimo tried to grab him, flipping over the railing and into the water.

"Fuck," Massimo mumbled, climbing on top of the railing and diving into the freezing, not yet frozen set ocean without a second thought.

Samuel gasped for air as he breached the surface, panicking again when the air had been knocked out of him like it did when his back hit the railing. Massimo latched his strong arm onto Samuel, who clung onto him, and pulled him towards the boat. He placed Samuel on the platform of the boat, climbing up himself before holding Samuel's head up to help get him air.

"Breathe, Samuel. You're okay," Massimo said, lifting Samuel up with extreme ease, moving him somewhere dry once he noticed that he was able to catch a better breath.