.15.

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

It's the next day as Samuel is sitting in the backseat of the car, behind the passenger seat next to Domenico, clearly upset with red eyes from the crying as he was just in an oversized hoodie of Massimo's and some blue jeans that he brought along with him to Italy.

"I mean, come on. Forget about Anna," Domenico sighed with his black circular sunglasses on the bridge of his nose, looking over at Samuel. "She's the past."

"Is she?"

"Yes. And you, my good man, you are the fucking past, present, and future all tied up with a little red bow on top."

Samuel turned his head at Domenico, but wasn't looking at him.

"Where exactly is she?" he asked and looked into the warm eyes of Domenico's.

"Well. . ." he started before his phone vibrated in his dark blue jacket pocket. "Sorry," he said, and took it out to answer it, speaking in Italian. "Hello?" he asked and looked clearly upset with the news he had received, concerning Samuel. "Stop!" Domenico commanded the driver as they both looked at him.

"What's going on?" Samuel asked, further concerned when they were stopping, as he looked back at Domenico. "Domenico, what happened?"

"Wait in Manhatten," he said, hanging up and looked forward, ignoring Samuel.

"What?" he asked, confused.

"Wait in Manhatten," Domenico repeated, but this time looked at Samuel to make sure he had heard him correctly and looked back to the front.

They pulled over to the side of the road on a large patch of dirt, the car in front of them stopping as well.

"Domenico?" Samuel called after him as he got out of the car, closing it behind him, and made his way over to the car in front of them.

The car that Samuel was in with the driver and a vampire bodyguard had turned around, going the way they had come.

./.Manhatten./.

Samuel arrived at the penthouse that Massimo had set up for him with his bags, looking out the window, over the busy city full of buildings as tall as the sky, checking his phone for any recent messages.

He arrived at the apartment of his best friend, Filip, and knocked on the door. He could hear chatter from inside before it swung open and Filip looked at him in shock, as he held a phone to his shoulder to ear.

"Samuel, no fucking way," Filip answered in Polish, which Samuel knew enough of to know what he was saying, and took the phone from his ear. "I wasn't talking to you. I'll call you back," he said and hung up with whoever he was talking on the phone with.

She sighed softly.

They were inside Filip's apartment, with Filip walking around, freaking out and Samuel sitting on the couch.

"I am going to kill you!" he exclaimed, speaking English and tugged on the flannel that Samuel was sitting on, eventually getting hold of it and stomped past him. "I thought you were kidnapped! Just tell me one thing, okay? What happened in fucking Sicily?"

Filip finished cleaning up before sitting down next to Samuel to join him.

"Kacper. I had enough of him."

"Did he piss you off?" Filip asked and Samuel glanced out the window.

"I fell in love."

"What the fuck?" Filip asked and Samuel explained to him.

"Jesus, I know it sounds ridiculous. I didn't want it, but things happened," Samuel said and Filip shakes his head, chuckling, and waves his hand.

"Fucking great," he says as Samuel lays down on the couch, putting his arms behind his head.

Filip shakes his body, making them both laugh.

"Don't make me force it out of you. Tell me, who is it?"

"He is. . . special."

"What do you mean? He's got special needs? Is he sick? I know, he has flat feet," he said and they both laughed more.

"Filip, shut up!"

"Tell me!"

. . .

Samuel is walking around the apartment, explaining to his best friend about Massimo, making sure to leave out the part about him being a vampire.

"Imagine a strong alpha male, who always knows what he wants. He is your caretaker and your defender," he says and leans his elbows on the kitchen counter. "When you are with him, you feel like a little boy. He makes all your sexual fantasies come true. Um, what's more, he is one meter, 97 centimeters tall, which is approximately six foot two by American calculation, has absolutely no body fat and has been molded by God himself," he says, crossing his arms.

"Did God mold his cock, too?" Filip asks, smoking a cigarette and Samuel walks over to him with the ashtray seashell, and moves to sit on his lap, whispering in his ear.

"The Devil," he said and they smile at each other, before laughing again while Filip blows smoke.

"Fuck me," he sighs, chuckling. "So, what about him?" he asks, as Samuel gets off his lap.

"Mm. We have to think about this."

"Mhm," Filip says, putting out the cigarette.

"He comes from a rich, traditional Sicilian family. Not sure how much they secretly dislike the homosexuals or not, since Massimo is clearly bisexual. They don't take foreigners for husbands or wives."

"Right, now spare me the bullshit," he says and leans forward, closer to Samuel. "Tell me the truth."

. . .

Samuel told Filip the secret of Massimo being a vampire mafia boss after making him promise not to freak out or tell anyone. They're taking turns, drinking from a large bottle of cheap scotch, and Samuel downs a good glass and a half of it, before passing the bottle over to Filip, who takes it from him, finishing the entire bottle.

Samuel is walking around the apartment after looking in the mirror.

"Filip, I'm fucked. I don't want to be in some part of a sacrifice ritual to bring back some ancient lover of this Ambrogio guy. But hey, at least I'll have a fucking twin. I was kidnapped by a vampire gangster, and then I fell in love with him. And the worst thing is that they keep me in the dark. They treat me like some kind of doll when I clearly know that something else about my blood is going on. They sent me back to America, and I still don't know what the fuck makes me so god-damn special!"

"That's why you need to fucking back out. Do you understand?" Filip asks as Samuel sits down next to him. "Fuck all the Massimos, Domenicos, and all the other fucking pizza joints," he sighs and they look at each other. "It's time for a change. A change of undies. We are going out," he says, standing up and walking over to the couch to get his phone.

"What?" Samuel asks, confused, and turns up the volume on the stereo. "What are you doing?"

"I'm conditioning the neighbors."