.13.

Warning: May include sex, nudity, smoking, and language within this chapter.

Samuel was laying out back by the pool, basking in the light warmth the sun had provided, without clothes on. He was wearing a baseball cap that he had brought along with him to Italy for his birthday weekend, when he felt the wet lips of Massimo against his; a strong hand rubbing his small chest. He opened his eyes gingerly and smile as he rubbed his thumb against Massimo's covered chin of dark facial hair.

"Mm. I want more," he said as Massimo took his wrist gently, causing Samuel to trail his fingers against Massimo's bottom lip.

"We slept only one hour," said Massimo.

"Are you tired already?" he asked, causing the Italian to smile, putting down Samuel's hand.

"No. I just wonder if you aren't too tired for an evening surprise."

Samuel moved back a little to get a better look of confusion, directed at Massimo.

"I'm afraid of your surprises. Remember how I reacted about finding out you and your family are vampires, or was it the part about seeing your twin our shared soul person, or whatever you called it before we took a nap together."

Massimo scoffed before giving a soft chuckle.

"You'll like it."

"What is it?" Samuel wondered and Massimo sighed loudly.

"It's a Vampire Ball. The oldest and most powerful families of vampires will be there," he answered and Samuel looked at him in surprise.

"A ball?" he asked and scooted a little bit further away as Massimo rubbed his arm gently. "With the suits, tuxedos, and masks?"

Massimo nodded.

"Mhm. Exactly."

Samuel quickly sat up.

"Are you fucking crazy? I have nothing to wear," he said and Massimo laughed at his response, smiling as the boy got up, staring at his ass as he walked off.

"Fuck."

./.Masquerade Ball./.

Massimo and Samuel had arrived to the Masquerade Ball that Ambrogio was throwing for the night of the blood moon with the paparazzi following close behind them, knowing that they wouldn't be able to get into the very private and elite party, unless they wanted to be eaten, of course.

They were wearing identical tuxedos, the traditional white button-up, but with everything else black. Samuel had decided to go with a swan mask but with white feathers instead of black, while Massimo wore a mask that represented Anubis, the Egyptian God of Life and Death.

Very dominant, Samuel thought to himself, hoping vampires didn't have the ability to read minds.

He made the assumption they didn't when Massimo didn't roll his eyes the second Samuel had conjured up the thought.

The mansion was crowded with other vampires, and very few humans, in all sorts of various masks and costumes from all over the world. Four torches were posted along the walls of the entryway, and the gentlemen walked past a firebreather. Samuel was startled at first, causing Massimo to hold a more firm grip around his waist, before noticing that Samuel smiled in amazement, and let some of the pressure subside.

They walked past where the crowd had been dancing, chatting, and drinking champagne glasses filled with dark red liquids that Samuel assumed was blood. Massimo pulled Samuel to the dance floor and spun him around.

"So. . . do you mind if I ask you to dance with me?" he asked, extending a hand out for Samuel to take.

Samuel rested a small hand on Massimo's strong bicep, walking around him in a circle.